Old February 20th 04, 02:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Train-numbers on the LU

Hi all

I am trying to find out which numbers go where.
So far I have this list, based on some lines:

Bakerloo: Possibly 2xx but not sure
Central: Don't know
Circle: 201-214?
District: 0xx (D-stock-trains) but what about the Wimbledon-Edgware Road
services?
East London: 171-176
Hammersmith & City: Don't know (unless it is 2xx above 214)
Jubilee: 3xx
Metropolitan: 4xx
Northern: 0xx
Piccadilly: 3xx
Victoria: 2xx
Waterloo & City: 201-204
Specials and engineering trains 7xx

How far "off-track" am I?
And can anyone expand the list?
For instance with service-specific numbers (ie. Olympia for District,
Uxbrigde/Ruislip/Rayners Lane for Piccadilly, Mill Hill East/High
Barnet/Edgware/City/Charing Cross for Northern and so on and so
forth...)

Thanks in advance!
--
Lars Elmvang

My mailadress is found by only writing the over-exposed domainname once

Old February 20th 04, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

t about the Wimbledon-Edgware Road

070 to 076
Old February 20th 04, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Olympia for District,

Olympia trains are No's 151 D & 152 D
Old February 20th 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Lars Elmvang wrote in message .. .
[...]

Bakerloo are 200 to somewhere in the 240s.
The numbers sometimes relate to the stabling arrangements, for example
Bakerloo 241 is the London Road midday stabler.

The circle and H&C have a shared number series, I think.
The picc numbers were in the following series (in 1999):
250 - 257, 260 Cockfosters to Rayners Lane
261 - 267, 270 - 272 Cockfosters to Uxbridge
273 Spare at Acton Town (midday)
274 - 277 Northfields Midday Stablers
300 - 307, 310 - 317, 320 - 327, 330 - 337, 340 - 343 Cockfosters to
Heathrow
347 Acton Town Overnight stabler
351 - 357, 360 - 366 Arnos Grove to Northfields
371 - 373 Cockfosters Midday Stablers

When running an emergency timetable the picc runs Cockfosters to
Heathrow (400 series) and Acton to Rayners Lane (500 series). The vic
emergency numbering is in the 000s, and I think the district emergency
series is in the 300s.
I can't help with the others; I've never seen the bakerloo run an
emergency timetable and don't remember the central's series.
Old February 20th 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Thomas Crame" wrote in message
om...
Bakerloo are 200 to somewhere in the 240s.
The numbers sometimes relate to the stabling arrangements, for example
Bakerloo 241 is the London Road midday stabler.

201-213 Stonebridge Park depot starters
221-227 Queen's Park depot starters
231-242 London Road depot starters
245-247 Elephant sidings starters
251-254 London Road-Elephant changeovers

From memory, the emergency timetable is in the 0XX series, certainly for
Elephant to Queen's Park. I don't know what happens for the Harrow service.

CENTRAL LINE (WTT60)
1-23 Epping-West Ruislip
31-41 Woodford-Ealing via Hainault
50-57 Hainault-Ealing Broadway
61-67 (Mon-Sat) Loughton-North Acton
61-65 (Sun) White City-Leytonstone
71-76 (Mon-Sat) Newbury Park-White City
101-111 Ruislip depot midday stablers
121-122 White City depot midday stablers
141-154 Hainault depot midday stablers
480 Hainault depot midday route learning/rusty rails train

JUBILEE (WTT6)
Monday-Friday:
301-343 Stanmore/Wembley/Willesden Grn-Stratford
350-354 Neasden midday stablers
360-366 Stratford midday stablers
370 Peak spare
Saturday/Sunday:
301-334 Stanmore-Stratford
340-353 Wembley Park/Willesden Grn-Stratford

NORTHERN (WTT48)
1-11 Edgware starters
21-33 Golders starters
40-47 Barnet starters
51-64 Highgate starters
71-131 Morden starters
141-155 Morden midday stablers
161-173 Golders midday stablers
174 Golders evening peak starter
730 Golders-Highgate transfer
731-2 Golders-Golders turning trip
733 Golders-Morden transfer
734 Morden-Golders transfer

MET
401-404 Amersham-Baker St
407 Chesham shuttle
420-435 Uxbridge-Aldgate
440-451 Watford-Baker Street
460-476 Neasden midday stablers
470-473 Neasden-Rickmansworth transfer
710 Rail Adhesion Train
711-712 Rickmansworth/Amersham test train
713 Uxbridge test train
714-717 Turning trips

HTH.

Old February 20th 04, 11:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Thomas Crame" wrote in message
om...

The circle and H&C have a shared number series, I think.
The picc numbers were in the following series (in 1999):
250 - 257, 260 Cockfosters to Rayners Lane
261 - 267, 270 - 272 Cockfosters to Uxbridge
273 Spare at Acton Town (midday)
274 - 277 Northfields Midday Stablers
300 - 307, 310 - 317, 320 - 327, 330 - 337, 340 - 343 Cockfosters to
Heathrow
347 Acton Town Overnight stabler
351 - 357, 360 - 366 Arnos Grove to Northfields
371 - 373 Cockfosters Midday Stablers

Is there a reason why the don't use numbers ending in 8 or 9?

Peter Smyth

Old February 21st 04, 01:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MET
401-404 Amersham-Baker St
407 Chesham shuttle
420-435 Uxbridge-Aldgate
440-451 Watford-Baker Street
460-476 Neasden midday stablers
470-473 Neasden-Rickmansworth transfer
710 Rail Adhesion Train

NOT SO - The Amershams start at 410 and i think the Watford trains are now
in the 42X set.

Old February 21st 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roger the cabin boy wrote:

MET
401-404 Amersham-Baker St
407 Chesham shuttle
420-435 Uxbridge-Aldgate
440-451 Watford-Baker Street
460-476 Neasden midday stablers
470-473 Neasden-Rickmansworth transfer
710 Rail Adhesion Train

NOT SO - The Amershams start at 410 and i think the Watford trains are now
in the 42X set.

Hmm, I've seen some pictures of Amersham trains (recent pics) with 401 and
402.......

--
Lars Elmvang

Min mailadresse finder du ved kun at skrive det overeksponerede domænenavn én
gang

Old February 21st 04, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:

"Thomas Crame" wrote in message
om...
The circle and H&C have a shared number series, I think.
The picc numbers were in the following series (in 1999):
250 - 257, 260 Cockfosters to Rayners Lane
261 - 267, 270 - 272 Cockfosters to Uxbridge
273 Spare at Acton Town (midday)
274 - 277 Northfields Midday Stablers
300 - 307, 310 - 317, 320 - 327, 330 - 337, 340 - 343 Cockfosters to
Heathrow
347 Acton Town Overnight stabler
351 - 357, 360 - 366 Arnos Grove to Northfields
371 - 373 Cockfosters Midday Stablers

Is there a reason why the don't use numbers ending in 8 or 9?

If I recall correctly old signalling computers not recognicing these
digits......

Old February 21st 04, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (David
Splett) wrote:

"Thomas Crame" wrote in message
om...
Bakerloo are 200 to somewhere in the 240s.
The numbers sometimes relate to the stabling arrangements, for example
Bakerloo 241 is the London Road midday stabler.

201-213 Stonebridge Park depot starters
221-227 Queen's Park depot starters
231-242 London Road depot starters
245-247 Elephant sidings starters
251-254 London Road-Elephant changeovers

From memory, the emergency timetable is in the 0XX series, certainly for
[...]

Northern Special service (usually referred to as an "emergency
timetable" is usually numbered according to what depot is crewing the
train:
Morden: 300+
Golders Green: 350+
East Finchley: 400+
This can vary, depending on the service that is in operation.
Because a depot tends to work over only one section of a line during
special working, it usually means that, for example, Morden could be
running all the Morden-Edgware via Bank trains in which case all Morden
via Bank trains would be 300+. East Finchley could be running all the High
Barnet-Kennington via CX trains, so these would be 400+ etc.

There are different levels of special service, depending on where running
is restricted to etc.

Roger