London Banter

-   -   'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12361-tube-map-canals-rivers.html)

[email protected] December 7th 11 09:57 PM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

On 06/12/2011 11:22, wrote:
'Tube' Map of Canals& Rivers

Not sure why but its kind of interesting...

http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/index....vey/waterways/

Shame TfL never offered any revenue service on the canals.

[email protected][_2_] December 8th 11 08:54 AM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

On Dec 7, 10:57*pm, "
wrote:
On 06/12/2011 11:22, wrote:

'Tube' Map of Canals& *Rivers

Not sure why but its kind of interesting...

http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/index....vey/waterways/

Shame TfL never offered any revenue service on the canals.

Tfry this map...

http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

CJB

Roland Perry December 8th 11 10:02 AM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

In message
, at
01:54:13 on Thu, 8 Dec 2011, "
remarked:
Tfry this map...

http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

Hurrah! That shows the BCN and Manchester Ship Canal "flyovers"
(although the latter is upside down).

But it's missing the Beeston & Nottingham Canal (through the city centre
rather than along the river).

Needs a little work in the Dudley No1 area too.

R C Nesbit December 8th 11 11:29 AM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

Roland Perry spoke:
http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

Hurrah! That shows the BCN and Manchester Ship Canal "flyovers"
(although the latter is upside down).

But it's missing the Beeston & Nottingham Canal (through the city centre
rather than along the river).

Needs a little work in the Dudley No1 area too.

It also shows a navigable river from the Trent to Bawtry - maybe in Roman
times!

--
Rob
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing.

Martin Clark, Pennine Waterways December 8th 11 04:41 PM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

R C Nesbit wrote:
Roland Perry spoke:
http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

Hurrah! That shows the BCN and Manchester Ship Canal "flyovers"
(although the latter is upside down).

But it's missing the Beeston & Nottingham Canal (through the city centre
rather than along the river).

Needs a little work in the Dudley No1 area too.

It also shows a navigable river from the Trent to Bawtry - maybe in Roman
times!

Four narrowboats got to Bawtry Bridge in 2002. It seems likely that more
have been there since.
Photo: http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/T02_Imag/02.26.6/P6260017.jpg
Report: http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/Tour_02/Tour02_2.html
--
Martin Clark [Please email me through website, not by hitting Reply!]

Pennine Waterways Website http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk

R C Nesbit December 8th 11 05:54 PM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

Pennine Waterways Martin Clark spoke:
It also shows a navigable river from the Trent to Bawtry - maybe in Roman
times!

Four narrowboats got to Bawtry Bridge in 2002. It seems likely that more
have been there since.
Photo: http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/T02_Imag/02.26.6/P6260017.jpg
Report: http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/Tour_02/Tour02_2.html

I mis-remembered that - I do recall a conversation about how expensive the
passage through the sluice is.

Nick Leverton December 8th 11 09:39 PM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
01:54:13 on Thu, 8 Dec 2011, "
remarked:
Tfry this map...

http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

Hurrah! That shows the BCN and Manchester Ship Canal "flyovers"
(although the latter is upside down).

But it's missing the Beeston & Nottingham Canal (through the city centre
rather than along the river).

Needs a little work in the Dudley No1 area too.

It's also missing the restored stretch of the Cromford Canal, though
admittedly it is isolated from the rest of the canal network.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)

canaldrifter December 9th 11 10:51 AM

'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

On Dec 8, 10:39*pm, Nick Leverton wrote:
In article ,
Roland Perry wrote:

In message
, at
01:54:13 on Thu, 8 Dec 2011, "
remarked:
Tfry this map...

http://www.waterwaysongs.co.uk/image...%20Map%202.pdf

Hurrah! That shows the BCN and Manchester Ship Canal "flyovers"
(although the latter is upside down).

But it's missing the Beeston & Nottingham Canal (through the city centre
rather than along the river).

Needs a little work in the Dudley No1 area too.

It's also missing the restored stretch of the Cromford Canal, though
admittedly it is isolated from the rest of the canal network.

Nick
--
Serendipity:http://www.leverton.org/blosxom(last update 29th March 2010)
* * * * "The Internet, a sort of ersatz counterfeit of real life"
* * * * * * * * -- Janet Street-Porter, BBC2, 19th March 1996

StuartSampson, whn he was chairman, produced a similar simplified
waterways map, a copy of which, in colour, I am looking at on my desk
wall at this moment.

It was on the NABO Reports Forum, but that has disappeared.

When I get established shoresides next week I might scan it in for
comparison.

Tone