Old January 7th 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Question

I have an oyster question:

If I load up an Oyster with £20 and then use it for , say, 3 tubes and two
buses all in zones 1 and 2 in one day, will it deduct 5 trips at the
single fares, or will it be clever and see that a day travelcard would be
cheaper and just deduct the cost of that?

Old January 7th 04, 07:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Stephen Richards
writes
I have an oyster question:

If I load up an Oyster with £20 and then use it for , say, 3 tubes and
two buses all in zones 1 and 2 in one day, will it deduct 5 trips at
the single fares, or will it be clever and see that a day travelcard
would be cheaper and just deduct the cost of that?

You cannot use Pre Pay on the buses at the moment. Its use on the
buses/Tramlink and fare-capping (the second part of your question) is
due to be online sometime in the Spring.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 8th 04, 05:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

thanks for the info. I think you ought to set yourself up as an "Oyster
Consultant" - you seem to be the only person in London that knows how to
use them!
SR

Old January 8th 04, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi.

Kat wrote:
In message , Stephen Richards
writes

I have an oyster question:

If I load up an Oyster with £20 and then use it for , say, 3 tubes and
two buses all in zones 1 and 2 in one day, will it deduct 5 trips at
the single fares, or will it be clever and see that a day travelcard
would be cheaper and just deduct the cost of that?

You cannot use Pre Pay on the buses at the moment. Its use on the
buses/Tramlink and fare-capping (the second part of your question) is
due to be online sometime in the Spring.

March 7th for both according to an email I got from Oyster customer
services.

Regards,

Luke