London Banter

-   -   How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1275-how-do-i-check-my.html)

Kat January 13th 04 11:20 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

In message , "Roger the cabin
boy (Lappy)" writes
You can also touch your Oyster on a touchscreen ticket machine and get a
complete journey history.

Just out of interesti wonder if "Staff" oysters tell them the same?

Yes, they do but since we use them mostly to let people with damaged
magnetic tickets in and out, the info isn't very interesting.
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Steve Peake January 14th 04 06:06 AM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 19:59:45 -0000, Lawrence Myers wrote:

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

Hmmmmmm, and on a bus? Stick your head under the gap maybe?

Steve

Haddock January 14th 04 11:13 AM

Steve Peake wrote:

Hmmmmmm, and on a bus? Stick your head under the gap maybe?

No, it appeared on the public-facing screen on my local bus (when it was
working).

Richard Jeeves January 14th 04 04:28 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

Pat Duffy wrote in message . ..
On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:58:36 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

I have a Pre Pay Oyster, which I used yesterday for the first time.

How do I keep tracks of what the system thinks I'm using?

The website tells you your balance but not individual transactions.

For a detailed listing you walk up to the large ticket machines or the
q-cutter ones, touch your card on the pad, and a button appears on
screen "view card usage" and it lists them in reverse order.

Finally the ticket off staff can print the most detailed list off of
all on a sort of paper receipt but I'm not sure if they're supposed to
waste time printing those out for ordinary punters, probably will if
you ask nicely though.

If you ask a bus driver nicely they can print out your last 10 bus
journeys from thier ticket machine. You have to ask when you touch the
reader the first time though or you get a passback warning.

K January 14th 04 04:43 PM

wrote:

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

Only on some gates, it seems.

Paul Terry January 14th 04 05:33 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

In message , Richard
Jeeves writes

If you ask a bus driver nicely they can print out your last 10 bus
journeys from thier ticket machine. You have to ask when you touch the
reader the first time though or you get a passback warning.

Doesn't this negate the faster bus-boarding rate that is one of things
Oyster is supposed to provide for the public in general?

--
Paul Terry

Dave Liney January 14th 04 05:41 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

In message , Richard
Jeeves writes

If you ask a bus driver nicely they can print out your last 10 bus
journeys from thier ticket machine. You have to ask when you touch the
reader the first time though or you get a passback warning.

Doesn't this negate the faster bus-boarding rate that is one of things
Oyster is supposed to provide for the public in general?

Well presumably the driver will suggest you move along inside if the bus is
busy.

Dave.

Pat Duffy January 15th 04 08:34 PM

wrote:

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

That's only on the "new" slim gates isn't it, there's the oneline
displays next to the pad on the exit side of the old style gates but
I've never seen those say anything other than "##############" or
similar.

Robin May January 16th 04 12:39 AM

wrote:

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is
shown at the bottom of the display.

That's only on the "new" slim gates isn't it, there's the oneline
displays next to the pad on the exit side of the old style gates
but I've never seen those say anything other than "##############"
or similar.

The new style gates at Canning Town don't seem to show the balance.
Odd.

--
message by Robin May, succeeding at failure.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Crime is confusing.

Helen Deborah Vecht January 19th 04 05:48 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

Helen Deborah Vecht typed

I have a Pre Pay Oyster, which I used yesterday for the first time.

How do I keep tracks of what the system thinks I'm using?

I posted the same query to the Oyster helpdesk on Tuesday 13 January. I
have only just (18.40 Mon 19 Jan) received a reply (with an apology for
the delay). Hmmm...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.