London Banter

-   -   How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1275-how-do-i-check-my.html)

Helen Deborah Vecht January 13th 04 05:58 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

I have a Pre Pay Oyster, which I used yesterday for the first time.

How do I keep tracks of what the system thinks I'm using?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Lawrence Myers January 13th 04 06:59 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

--
Lawrence Myers

Helen Deborah Vecht January 13th 04 07:29 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

"Lawrence Myers" typed

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

Thanks :)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Dave Arquati January 13th 04 07:58 PM

Lawrence Myers wrote:

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

You can also touch your Oyster on a touchscreen ticket machine and get a
complete journey history.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Roger the cabin boy \(Lappy\) January 13th 04 08:22 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

You can also touch your Oyster on a touchscreen ticket machine and get a
complete journey history.

Just out of interesti wonder if "Staff" oysters tell them the same?

Pat Duffy January 13th 04 08:52 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:58:36 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

I have a Pre Pay Oyster, which I used yesterday for the first time.

How do I keep tracks of what the system thinks I'm using?

The website tells you your balance but not individual transactions.

For a detailed listing you walk up to the large ticket machines or the
q-cutter ones, touch your card on the pad, and a button appears on
screen "view card usage" and it lists them in reverse order.

Finally the ticket off staff can print the most detailed list off of
all on a sort of paper receipt but I'm not sure if they're supposed to
waste time printing those out for ordinary punters, probably will if
you ask nicely though.

Colin January 13th 04 08:58 PM

"Roger the cabin boy (Lappy)" wrote in message
You can also touch your Oyster on a touchscreen ticket machine and get a
complete journey history.

Just out of interesti wonder if "Staff" oysters tell them the same?

Yes! Except it is only the last ten or so IIRC.

Colin

Helen Deborah Vecht January 13th 04 09:15 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

Dave Arquati typed

Lawrence Myers wrote:

Every time you enter through a tube station gate, your balance is shown at
the bottom of the display.

You can also touch your Oyster on a touchscreen ticket machine and get a
complete journey history.

Thanks everyone.

Why is this information not given anywhere? I have looked at the Oyster
website and been looking around stations I visited. I don't think it is
on any of the leaflets I hoard.

The leaflet in the Oyster wallet[1] is out of date and gives little Pre
Pay information. The insert I downloaded today (Nov 2003) is a bit more
recent, but still not sufficiently informative.

[1] Not included with my card as supplies had run out.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Kevin Bean January 13th 04 09:34 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

[1] Not included with my card as supplies had run out.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

You should be able to get Oyster wallets at any Underground station.

Helen Deborah Vecht January 13th 04 10:49 PM

How Do I Check My Oyster Pre Pay Balance?

"Kevin Bean" typed

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

[1] Not included with my card as supplies had run out.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

You should be able to get Oyster wallets at any Underground station.

I did. The enclosed leaflet was dated September 2003 and the information
appears out of date.

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.