Old January 13th 04, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 'Dirtiest' tube line (air quality)

My vote has to be the Northern Line, every time I travel on that line I
always have black 'dirt' in my nose.. no its not bogey/snot!

Fossil

Old January 14th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fossil" wrote in message ...
My vote has to be the Northern Line, every time I travel on that line I
always have black 'dirt' in my nose.. no its not bogey/snot!

Fossil

Agreed! not only does the problem of "black dirt" seem worst on this
line (I tend to experience it on most lines if I travel long enough),
but I also feel like passing out when on the underground part of the
line between Camden Town and Golders Green.

Given that others I've spoken with also feel the same along the same
part of the line suggests to me that the are is aweful there.

Michael
Old January 14th 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fossil" wrote in message
My vote has to be the Northern Line, every time I travel on that line I
always have black 'dirt' in my nose.. no its not bogey/snot!

Belsize Park station has the highest dust quantity ISTR.

Old January 14th 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Fossil" wrote in message
My vote has to be the Northern Line, every time I travel on that line I
always have black 'dirt' in my nose.. no its not bogey/snot!

Belsize Park station has the highest dust quantity ISTR.

Seeing that it seems to cling more to magnetic surfaces, it must contain
a high proportion of iron so at least we won't be anaemic on Section
12s...
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old January 14th 04, 06:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kat wrote in message ...
In message , Robin Mayes
writes

"Fossil" wrote in message
My vote has to be the Northern Line, every time I travel on that line I
always have black 'dirt' in my nose.. no its not bogey/snot!

Belsize Park station has the highest dust quantity ISTR.

Seeing that it seems to cling more to magnetic surfaces, it must contain
a high proportion of iron so at least we won't be anaemic on Section
12s...

The bakerloo has plenty of 'black cocaine' around, though I expect the
northern is worse, if only because it has been open longer and had
more time to build up.

Old January 14th 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michael Gamer" wrote in message
om...

but I also feel like passing out when on the underground
part of the line between Camden Town and Golders Green.

This is of course the part of the network which is furthest below ground
level, so perhaps the ventilation air is ineffective there. I've never had a
problem there, but whenever I ride the Piccadilly all the way from Bounds
Green to Barons Court, I need to stand in the doorway as soon as fresh air
is reached The Piccadilly is generally the deepest through Central London.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old January 14th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Fossil wrote:
My vote has to be the Northern Line, every time I travel on that line I
always have black 'dirt' in my nose.. no its not bogey/snot!

Fossil

victoria - humidity

Old January 30th 04, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Often noticed oily smell in air when changing to Northern Line, in the past,
and sometimes a visible mist.
Old January 30th 04, 08:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Thats you, that is.

Old January 30th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nope. Only happens when changeing to Northern. Mist is presumably fine oil
particles.
BTW, talking of such aerosol effects, anyone know what happened when
experiments carried out on tube with spreading microbes, back in 1950s?