Old January 14th 04, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Aldwych Station

from what I can recall, there was a big iron door at the south end of the
platform at Aldwych. Does anyone know where it leads? Just curious as I used
to be a driver on the piccadilly line and frequently did the shuttle
service.

Old January 15th 04, 04:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Gollum" wrote in message
from what I can recall, there was a big iron door at the south end of the
platform at Aldwych. Does anyone know where it leads? Just curious as I

used
to be a driver on the piccadilly line and frequently did the shuttle
service.

That would be Middle Earth, Smeagol :-)

Old January 15th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Have a look at:

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

And follow the 'Aldwych' link and 'Aldwych Tour' link on the left.

More information about Aldwych than you can shake a stick at. Etc..

Old January 15th 04, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message
Have a look at:

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

And follow the 'Aldwych' link and 'Aldwych Tour' link on the left.

More information about Aldwych than you can shake a stick at. Etc..

That's a very generous plug for Hywel's site.
Did he write it for you, or do you just share the same desk?
Lord Reith must be turning in his grave.

Old January 16th 04, 11:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"More O'Less" Grovel wrote in message ...
"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message
Have a look at:

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

And follow the 'Aldwych' link and 'Aldwych Tour' link on the left.

More information about Aldwych than you can shake a stick at. Etc..

That's a very generous plug for Hywel's site.
Did he write it for you, or do you just share the same desk?
Lord Reith must be turning in his grave.

Generally when one runs a very good and informative website, they
deserve good advertising.

Old January 16th 04, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nathan Whitington" wrote in message
m...

Generally when one runs a very good and informative website, they
deserve good advertising.

IMHO, a good and informative website doesn't need *any* advertising.
Lighten up at Martlesham Heath.

Old January 16th 04, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Did he write it for you, or do you just share the same desk?

I wouldn't waste your time with this when far more interesting conspiracies
truly exist. Yes.

Old January 17th 04, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"More O'Less" Grovel wrote in message ...
"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message
Have a look at:

http://www.starfury.demon.co.uk/uground/

And follow the 'Aldwych' link and 'Aldwych Tour' link on the left.

More information about Aldwych than you can shake a stick at. Etc..

That's a very generous plug for Hywel's site.
Did he write it for you, or do you just share the same desk?
Lord Reith must be turning in his grave.

Wow! Bad Attitude Alert!
Old January 17th 04, 02:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

More O'Less wrote:
"Nathan Whitington" wrote in message
m...

Generally when one runs a very good and informative website, they
deserve good advertising.

IMHO, a good and informative website doesn't need *any* advertising.

So how do we all get to find out about this (or any other) excellent and
informative website without advertising of one sort or another?

Are you suggesting that the original respondant should have said something
along the lines of "There are websites out there that answer your question
but, in order not to appear to favour one website over another, I won't tell
you which one I know contains the information you require."

If word of mouth counts as advertising then, presumably, Google is also
advertising and should be eliminated?

Old January 17th 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Gollum" wrote the following in:

from what I can recall, there was a big iron door at the south end
of the platform at Aldwych. Does anyone know where it leads? Just
curious as I used to be a driver on the piccadilly line and
frequently did the shuttle service.

On a related note, was the side entrance to Aldwych open until the
station closed? Were both the side entrance and the Strand entrance
open?

--
message by Robin May, succeeding at failure.
Enjoy the Routemaster while you still can.

Crime is confusing.