Old January 10th 12, 01:34 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Jubilee Line rants!

A few rants about the Jubilee Line...

Every time, without fail, you never, ever, manage to get a clear
journey in to Stratford on the Jubilee Line. The journey is booked to
take 3 mins but always involves stopping at Stratford Staff Halt and
again adjacent to Stratford Market Depot to either await a platform at
Stratford station or to let an empty train in to the depot, a more
realistic journey time is between 6-8 mins.

The Jubilee line runs direct between West Ham and Stratford, the new
DLR branch to Stratford International has two intermediate stations at
Abbey Rd and Stratford HS. Last week I experienced that it is quicker
to take the slower DLR as opposed to the direct Jubilee Line. Both my
DLR train and a Jubilee line train departed West Ham almost instantly
the same moment, my DLR train had to call at both said stations but
because of the signal-signal crawling pace of the Jubilee line train
we still managed to beat it to Stratford. Tortoise and the Hare...

Ever since the installation of the TBTC automatic signaling the
Jubilee line has became awful, the operation of the trains is so
sporadic - either they are always early and crawl at approx. 20mph
between stations and then sit at stations to regulate the timetable or
when late go flat out like the clappers. The handling of the train is
the constant on-off-on-off fanning technique for both power and
braking which makes journeys very uncomfortable.

The Jubilee line worked perfectly prior to TBTC but then again it was
always intended to be automated from the day one...

I avoid the Jubilee line like the plauge, I'd rather walk.

Old January 11th 12, 06:52 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

You're an unlucky man. I never have those problems, although it must be said I use the Jubilee Line mainly at weekends.
Old January 12th 12, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:52:54 +0000
Robin9 wrote:
when late go flat out like the clappers. The handling of the train is
the constant on-off-on-off fanning technique for both power and
braking which makes journeys very uncomfortable.

None of the ATO systems have much finesse when it comes to applying the
power or brake. God knows where they found the programmers but I wouldn't
hire them. Even the cruise control on my car does a better job.

B2003

Old January 12th 12, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote on 12 January 2012 09:51:05 ...
wrote:
when late go flat out like the clappers. The handling of the train is
the constant on-off-on-off fanning technique for both power and
braking which makes journeys very uncomfortable.

None of the ATO systems have much finesse when it comes to applying the
power or brake. God knows where they found the programmers but I wouldn't
hire them. Even the cruise control on my car does a better job.

I agree. The Jubilee is much worse in this respect than the other ATO
lines, in my experience.

If its worse than the central line then you have my sympathies

B2003

Old January 14th 12, 12:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

;126561 Wrote:
[...]

TBF, I use it every day now, between Stratford and London Bridge, and
it's infinitely better than it was when I was using it a few years back.

You used to have to stop between stations roughly 50% of the time, and
now, at worst, you might have a stoppage outside Stratford, but
otherwise, it's unrecognisable IMHO.