London Banter

-   -   Meting Point statue in St Pancras (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/12904-meting-point-statue-st-pancras.html)

Basil Jet[_2_] February 13th 12 09:39 AM

Meting Point statue in St Pancras

I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Recliner[_2_] February 13th 12 10:07 AM

Meting Point statue in St Pancras

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:39:17 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Yes, I think they're terrific, full of humour and history, and much
better than the large kissing couple. I've studied them more than once
(when I arrived early for a E* train), and always find something new
that I'd previously missed.

Bruce[_2_] February 13th 12 11:22 AM

wrote:

I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Yes, I think they're terrific, full of humour and history, and much
better than the large kissing couple.

Almost anything is better than the large kissing couple. But the
decoration around the plinth is definitely worth a look.

Video he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPTu5ES7DE

I think the statue of John Betjeman takes some beating.

Offramp February 13th 12 12:56 PM

On Feb 13, 10:39*am, Basil Jet wrote:
I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Yes they are really good. The only bad side to them is that they are
assisting in the permanence of the cthulhuesque horror above them.