Old February 13th 12, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Meting Point statue in St Pancras

I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Old February 13th 12, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 10:39:17 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Yes, I think they're terrific, full of humour and history, and much
better than the large kissing couple. I've studied them more than once
(when I arrived early for a E* train), and always find something new
that I'd previously missed.
Old February 13th 12, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Yes, I think they're terrific, full of humour and history, and much
better than the large kissing couple.

Almost anything is better than the large kissing couple. But the
decoration around the plinth is definitely worth a look.

Video he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGPTu5ES7DE

I think the statue of John Betjeman takes some beating.

Old February 13th 12, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Feb 13, 10:39*am, Basil Jet wrote:
I've only seen this on the TV before, but last night I saw it IRL. I
didn't realise that there are a series of dioramas around the base that
are quite staggering and well worth seeing.

Yes they are really good. The only bad side to them is that they are
assisting in the permanence of the cthulhuesque horror above them.