Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12th 12, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Non-existent Oyster single fares

A contact is going to be commuting between Walthamstow and Feltham in preparation for a new job and asked me to enquire about fares. It is a part time job and only temporary so a season ticket or annual Travelcard is not economical - the most suitable are single fares and my contact is prepared to avoid zone 1 to receive cheaper single fares.

My contact's local station is Walthamstow Queens Road, I've been searching for single fares on the Oyster system but apparently none exist for a journey between Walthamstow Queens Road and Feltham. I refuse to believe this.

Screenshot:
http://www.railforums.co.uk/picture....pictureid=2222

Fares do exist and are available from *Walthamstow Central (London Underground)* - Feltham, interchanging at Highbury & Islington (Victoria Line - LOROL NLL) and Richmond (LOROL NLL - SWT) for £2.30 off peak.

Screenshot:
http://www.railforums.co.uk/picture....pictureid=2223

Why are fares not available from Walthamstow Queens Road - Feltham via Gospel Oak (interchange LOROL GOBLIN - LOROL NLL) and Richmond (interchange LOROL NLL - SWT)?

If no fares can be produced, my contact will have to walk an additional 10 mins to Walthamstow Central for a journey that should in reality be available from Walthamstow Queens Road.

Absolute madness.