Old March 12th 10, 09:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Railcard PAYG NR single fares

On Mar 11, 3:40*pm, Mizter T wrote:

It's all fairly moot anyhow - I hit the cap later in the day. But it's
the principle, dammit!

I agree. Maybe it was a teething issue that's since been fixed...
without trying it again, one cannot say. (And I don't have an eligible
Railcard that'll give me the PAYG discount - I suppose that doesn't
preclude experimentation, I could buy a Day Travelcard so my travel is
legitimately covered by a valid ticket and then borrow a friend or
associate's Oyster card that's loaded with Railcard-discount and tap
it in and out on a few journeys... I could... but I'm not going to!)

Wouldn't that technically be against the T&Cs? I thought a Railcard
registered Oyster card became non-transferrable. You'd have to drag
the friend with you...

Anyway, the email exchange is getting silly. They're making things up
now:

I can confirm that you travelled from Wood Green to Kew Gardens using only
the London Underground and have been charged £2.40. Please note that this
is the correct fare for your journey. You did not use National Rail for
your journey so the discount for single National Rail journeys does not
apply to you.

Old March 12th 10, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 12, 10:54*am, martin wrote:

On Mar 11, 3:40*pm, Mizter T wrote:
It's all fairly moot anyhow - I hit the cap later in the day. But it's
the principle, dammit!

I agree. Maybe it was a teething issue that's since been fixed...
without trying it again, one cannot say. (And I don't have an eligible
Railcard that'll give me the PAYG discount - I suppose that doesn't
preclude experimentation, I could buy a Day Travelcard so my travel is
legitimately covered by a valid ticket and then borrow a friend or
associate's Oyster card that's loaded with Railcard-discount and tap
it in and out on a few journeys... I could... but I'm not going to!)

Wouldn't that technically be against the T&Cs? I thought a Railcard
registered Oyster card became non-transferrable. You'd have to drag
the friend with you...

Yes, it's non-transferable - in the above scenario the way I see it is
that my quite separate Day Travelcard would be the valid ticket that I
would hold. It would certainly be against the Oyster T&Cs -
illegitimate, in fact - *if* I was actually travelling on the Railcard-
discounted Oyster card (i.e. that was my ticket). However I'm not
quite sure where things would stand exactly in a legal sense if I was
just using the Oyster card to donate extra money to TfL! (Which is why
I said I'm not going to do it - not out of fear of getting in trouble,
but because it'd be money down the drain... plus I can't really be
arsed!)

Anyway, the email exchange is getting silly. They're making things up
now:

I can confirm that you travelled from Wood Green to Kew Gardens using only
the London Underground and have been charged £2.40. *Please note that this
is the correct fare for your journey. *You did not use National Rail for
your journey so the discount for single National Rail journeys does not
apply to you.

I'm just wondering if somehow they managed to transpose Kew Gardens LU
and Kew Bridge NR in the Oyster system somehow - or otherwise
duplicate Kew Gardens twice?

Can you see your journey history online at all, in order to check what
it says - i.e. Kew Gardens or Kew Bridge? I don't suppose you actually
checked what it said using the journey history display on a Tube
ticket machine? Given that you can only see the last ten journeys, I'm
sure it's fallen off the bottom by now.

However if it was within the past 8 weeks then you should be able to
get Oyster services to send you out a PDF of your complete journey
history, or else get it from a Tube station ticket office. If it was
within the past 8 weeks might I suggest that you do that?