Old January 18th 04, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Artist needed to help create rail bridge mural

Artist needed to help create rail bridge mural

By SHERELLE FOLKES

A railway bridge is to be transformed into an eye-catching work of art.
The residents' group Wealdstone Active Community has teamed-up with Harrow
Council to transform the dull grey bridge at Harrow and Wealdstone station with
a 227ft mural as part of the generation of the area.
WAC spokesman David Higgins said "We would like the mural to have a historic
and train theme and have strong Wealdstone associations, possibly in a series
of images.
"We are looking for an artist to lead the co-ordination, design and creation of
the mural and are inviting anyone interested to contact us. Selection will be
through interview and a submission of illustrated ideas.
"We also want to hear from residents and young people in schools and colleges
who would like to participate in this project. We anticipate the painting work
will take place over the summer with completion in September."
A council spokeswoman said it was delighted to be working with the local
community, adding: "We fully support WAC in its endeavours and feel this is a
very positive way to brighten the Wealdstone landscape."

.. Artists interested in taking part should contact Victoria Issacs on 020 8424
7572 or email for an application form. The
closing date for applications is January 31.

ques
t.co.uk

Burkey