Old March 8th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Help! Boat with a bar needed ... 5 people.

Hi everyone - I am hoping you can offer me some help.

I've been asked to organise to get 5 people from Southwark Bridge to
Canary Wharf via a boat - with the requirement that there is a bar on
the boat.

I've been looking all around, and cannot find anything. I can find
plenty of commuter boats to get us there (without a bar) and plenty of
boats with a bar that could be chartered (but for 5 people, it's hardly
economical); but nothing that I can just book 5 people on, and have a
beer on the way to Canary Wharf.

And to make it more difficult, I've just been asked to organise this
.... for tomorrow evening!

Can anyone save the day?

Thanks,
David.

Old March 9th 06, 07:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:05:44 -0800, David FitzGerald wrote:

Hi everyone - I am hoping you can offer me some help.

I've been asked to organise to get 5 people from Southwark Bridge to
Canary Wharf via a boat - with the requirement that there is a bar on the
boat.

I've been looking all around, and cannot find anything. I can find plenty
of commuter boats to get us there (without a bar)

Emmm... the commuter boat does have a bar.
The large one, the Hurricane Clipper, has a bar. Just phone Thames
Clippers and ask which journeys it is doing during the day.

If you really want a private boat, there is a boat normally tied up at
Canary Wharf pier (H2 S+O ???) you might enquire at the pier for a
contact there.
Old March 9th 06, 07:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:05:44 -0800, David FitzGerald wrote:

Hi everyone - I am hoping you can offer me some help.

I've been asked to organise to get 5 people from Southwark Bridge to
Canary Wharf via a boat - with the requirement that there is a bar on the
boat.

Take the Thames Clipper. The boats are great.
Phone them beforehand and ask nicely if they will provide some drinks. I'm
sure they would get some cold drinks in a cooler bag or ice bucket and
charge you a reasonable amount.
Old March 9th 06, 07:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

This is the one which is normally tied up at Canary Wharf:
http://www.thamesclippers.com/fleet/view/79

This is the one with the bar:
http://www.thamesclippers.com/fleet/view/42
It does the evening return commuter runs, as I see it going past.
So just get your party of five to Bankside pier to catch the evening
service it covers.
Old March 9th 06, 10:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Hearns wrote:
On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 07:05:44 -0800, David FitzGerald wrote:

I've been asked to organise to get 5 people from Southwark Bridge to
Canary Wharf via a boat - with the requirement that there is a bar on the
boat.

I've been looking all around, and cannot find anything. I can find plenty
of commuter boats to get us there (without a bar)

Emmm... the commuter boat does have a bar.
The large one, the Hurricane Clipper, has a bar. Just phone Thames
Clippers and ask which journeys it is doing during the day.

Great - I'll give them a ring.

Thanks very much for your help - much appreciated!

D.