Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 11th 12, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster penalties again

Believe it or not, with £55 million unclaimed Oyster credit, my wife has
been doing her bit in the other direction by having a negative balance of
£4.50 for over a year!

She was about to use her card on Monday for the first time since 30th March
last year and found out about the negative balance. Because journey history
shows days of the week it was apparent that it wasn't this year!

Looking at the journey history I can't for the life of me make out how the
negative balance occurred. It shows two entries for 30th March, King's Cross
St Pancras and Westminster, with a charge of £4.40 for the first and £6.50
for the second. Her journeys were KXSP to Westminster and back again.

I can't think how this happened. Both are fully gated stations which would
only have opened the gates if they registered the card in and out. It had
more than enough credit for the two £1.90 fares which should have been
charged. We plan to ring the helpline tomorrow to try and sort it out.

Getting the details isn't helped by the lack of facilities for getting
printed journey history. It's easy to see on a ticket machine but printouts
are only available from ticket offices. On the day we only passed KXSP
(several times). It either had its usual long queues or was closed. Norbiton
isn't an LU station and East Putney's ticket office was closed whenever we
passed it. The card wasn't registered as it's hardly over-used.

Thoughts?

--
Colin Rosenstiel