Old April 13th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Circle restored

In article ,
Someone Somewhere wrote:

I think I was on the first eastbound train out of Paddington at about
21:20 that evening which claimed to be only for Edgware Road but then
immediately changed into a Circle Line. Great I thought until arrival
at Edgware Road where we managed to pause for over 5 minutes waiting for
a relief driver...

So it really was back to the authentic Circle line then !

Nick
Old April 16th 12, 01:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Quick question, please --

In 2 weeks I need to go from Bayswater to Great Portland St. Last time I
took the Circle Line, no probs.

I just looked at the interactive map and, although this thread is about
"circle restored", the interactive map still shows the Circle only goes
as far as Edgeware Rd.

Here's the Question! Is the map behind and I can get to Grt Portland
from Bayswater via Circle?

Thanks! Looking forward to being back in London.

Old April 16th 12, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4/16/2012 9:41 AM, redcat wrote:
Quick question, please --

In 2 weeks I need to go from Bayswater to Great Portland St. Last time I
took the Circle Line, no probs.

I just looked at the interactive map and, although this thread is about
"circle restored", the interactive map still shows the Circle only goes
as far as Edgeware Rd.

Here's the Question! Is the map behind and I can get to Grt Portland
from Bayswater via Circle?

Thanks! Looking forward to being back in London.

OMG, I love this:

http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/

It shows the tubes running live! (Is this real? or is this art?)

Also answers my question re Circle from Bayswater to Great Portland. In
theory, it is running.

redcat
Old April 16th 12, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4/16/2012 3:16 PM, redcat wrote:
On 4/16/2012 2:04 PM, wrote:
In ,
(redcat) wrote:

Quick question, please --

In 2 weeks I need to go from Bayswater to Great Portland St. Last
time I took the Circle Line, no probs.

I just looked at the interactive map and, although this thread is
about "circle restored", the interactive map still shows the Circle
only goes as far as Edgeware Rd.

Here's the Question! Is the map behind and I can get to Grt Portland
from Bayswater via Circle?

Thanks! Looking forward to being back in London.

As Paul explains in another message, to make that journey you normally
need
to change at Edgware Road in both directions. Over Easter and after a
recent
disruption there were through Circle trains between Bayswater and Great
Portland St but you cannot do that normally.

Which is odd... because I did it 50 weeks ago, on a Wednesday (direct
Circle from Bayswater - Grt Portland. I got there 30 mins early for an
appointment!)

P.S. I just googled and got this:

Train journey from Bayswater to Great Portland Street
1) From Bayswater take the Circle Line
2) Leave the train at Great Portland Street

Journey: Bayswater → Paddington → Edgware Road → Baker Street → Great
Portland Street

Estimated time: 10 mins

Here is the link to the above:
http://www.londondrum.com/transport/...ortland-street

Old April 16th 12, 10:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(redcat) wrote:

On 4/16/2012 3:16 PM, redcat wrote:
On 4/16/2012 2:04 PM,
wrote:
In ,
(redcat) wrote:

[...]

http://www.londondrum.com/transport/...om=bayswater&t
o=great-portland-street

Better use the TfL Journey Planner, then, http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/.
It clearly shows the need to change at Edgware Road.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 16th 12, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4/16/2012 3:46 PM, wrote:
In ,
(redcat) wrote:

On 4/16/2012 2:04 PM,
wrote:
In ,
(redcat) wrote:

[...]

And for over 100 years but someone decided to change it.

I feel like I'm through the looking glass. I just checked the official
LU site and Circle goes from Bays to Grt Port. Shows a straight line. Also:

Here's from tubeplanner.com

Estimated journey time 10 minutes.
Fare Zones: 1.

1 At Bayswater take the Circle line.
2 Leave the train at Great Portland Street.

Details of your Journey
Station Line
Bayswater Circle
Paddington Circle
Edgware Road (Circle/District/H&C) Circle
Baker Street Circle
Great Portland Street Circle