Old May 8th 12, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Countdown and Kindle

Back in September 2011, I noted that the Countdown pages like
http://countdown.tfl.gov.uk
http://m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk

didn't play well with the Kindle browser inasmuch that one couldn't
type text into the Search box.
(Subject Countdown Regenerated... )

I have since been using the workaround of putting the bus stop code
into the URL directly as

http://m.countdown.tfl.gov.uk/arrivals/47983

Yesterday I tried again and it's working !

Note that the latest 3G Kindles restrict web browsing so you need the
Kindle Keyboard 3G or be in a Wi-Fi hotspot.

*

Since the Countdown web server went live I have had a couple of "we
have no information for this bus stop location" responses with, I
understood, were only if there was no bus within 30 mionutes.

One such was out towards Leatherhead on the 465 route - the bus arrived
within 10 minutes and was displayed for subsequent stops.

Another was yesterday (Bank Holiday so Sunday service) at Mortlake
Green opp Ship Lane. Since I had plenty of time in hand I walked along
the 419 route toward Hammersmith Cemetery/ Chiswick Bridge in the hope
of a 190 or R68 and got a display showing these but not the 419 which
turned up first at 1308.

Any comments ?

--
Mike D