Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 14th 12, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster PAYG station re-entry unresolved journeys

Can touching out from a station and touching in at the same station after a
short while result in incomplete journeys when using Oyster?

Last time I was in London I got charged for one or more incomplete journeys
when going from Walthamstow Central to West Croydon, with a break at
Kensington (Olympia) where I left the station for a few minutes touching
out and then in again. (I was catching the 10:02 parliamentary to
Wandsworth Road). When I noticed an unexpectedly low balance later in the
day, I got a printout from a ticket office, and my suspicion was confirmed.
I got a refund, but unfortunately the clerk retained the printout. I had a
7 day zone 1¡X3 travelcard + payg loaded.

I'm contemplating visiting all stations on the Metropolitan in a day, and
with my other plans I figure a 7 day zone 1¡X3 + payg will be the cheapest
option, unless I'm only going to get unresolved journeys.

--
jhk