Old September 9th 04, 12:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default bendy-buses Front-door entry for Oystercard

I used my first bendy-bus in London a couple of weeks ago, from Bank
to Oxford Circus.

They had notices on the doors saying that Oystercard users (i can't
remember whether it just said prepay) had to board via the front door
only? Why is this? There were vaildators just inside all of the
doors.

Kevin

Old September 9th 04, 04:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I've seen those, mainly on the 25, but they aren't functioning as of
yesterday. They all tell you to use another validator.

Nes.
--
Please remove the spam-deflecting X's to reply directly to me - or simply
reply to the group!

Old September 9th 04, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:19:14 +0000 (UTC), "Nestor Badudoy"
wrote:

I've seen those, mainly on the 25, but they aren't functioning as of
yesterday. They all tell you to use another validator.

Oh, I see. So why did they introduce bendy buses without validators
on all doors?
Old September 9th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

k ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I've seen those, mainly on the 25, but they aren't functioning as of
yesterday. They all tell you to use another validator.

Oh, I see. So why did they introduce bendy buses without validators
on all doors?

Why did they introduce Bendy buses at all?
Old September 9th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:54:06 +0100, k wrote:

Oh, I see. So why did they introduce bendy buses without validators
on all doors?

They introduced bendy buses quite a time before Oyster Pre-pay, and
possibly before Oyster of any kind, so the equipment probably wasn't
ready.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain

Old September 19th 04, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote:
Why did they introduce Bendy buses at all?

You know, I've no idea. As a cycle messenger, with the majority of cycle
fatalities in London being caused by articulated vehicles, I've
absolutely no idea. Do they even provide more capacity than a double
decker? What are the purported advantages. Every time I see the 25 do
the S bend from Stratford Broadway onto the Romford Road I imagine a
cyclist just being sucked under the back wheels.
Old September 19th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"JamJar" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:
Why did they introduce Bendy buses at all?

You know, I've no idea. As a cycle messenger, with the majority of cycle
fatalities in London being caused by articulated vehicles, I've
absolutely no idea. Do they even provide more capacity than a double
decker? What are the purported advantages. Every time I see the 25 do
the S bend from Stratford Broadway onto the Romford Road I imagine a
cyclist just being sucked under the back wheels.

You should have seen the havoc wreaked in Nanjing, when an articulated bus
turning a corner caught the bollards separating the cyclists from the other
motorised traffic. The bollards and attached rail fell over into the cycle
lane, which was nose-to-tail cyclists about 4-abreast. I've never seen such
a tangled mess of bodies and bikes. It's not unique to London.
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm

Old People & Front Doors on Buses Offramp London Transport 22 November 7th 15 01:27 PM
Door to door transport JNugent[_5_] London Transport 1 April 30th 13 08:02 AM
Oyster Cards damaged by proximity door entry cards neill London Transport 5 March 24th 12 06:28 PM
Tube fares - time of entry and exit [email protected] London Transport 9 November 3rd 07 10:53 PM
How bendy is a bendy bus? Dave Arquati London Transport 25 November 7th 05 06:47 PM