Old May 20th 12, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default I've been dealt the Queen of Diamonds

Managed to get to an Underground station today to replace my faulty
Oyster card but arghhh... look what I've been given:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49435266@N05/7234402872

I should have asked for the one with Oliver Cromwell.

Maybe this one only works on the Jubilee line.

E.

Old May 20th 12, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2012\05\20 17:23, eastender wrote:
Managed to get to an Underground station today to replace my faulty
Oyster card but arghhh... look what I've been given:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49435266@N05/7234402872

I should have asked for the one with Oliver Cromwell.

Maybe this one only works on the Jubilee line.

I think Victoria Coach Station should be renamed Elizabeth Coach
Station... is it after all in Elizabeth Street next to Elizabeth Bridge,
and not exactly adjacent to Victoria Station or Victoria Street.
Old May 20th 12, 09:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
says...

Managed to get to an Underground station today to replace my faulty
Oyster card but arghhh... look what I've been given:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49435266@N05/7234402872

I should have asked for the one with Oliver Cromwell.

Maybe this one only works on the Jubilee line.

E.

Lucky you!

Would cost you £7 from a seller on eBay
Old May 21st 12, 06:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sunday, 20 May 2012 18:23:46 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:

I think Victoria Coach Station should be renamed Elizabeth Coach
Station... is it after all in Elizabeth Street next to Elizabeth Bridge,
and not exactly adjacent to Victoria Station or Victoria Street.

That's not a bad idea. The Coach station should really be dissociated from the Tube/Train station. People arrive at Victoria Tube station thinking that the Coach Station will be right next door. As we know it is, with a bag, as much as a 15 minute walk along the Buckingham palace Road (if you get the directions right).

Naming it Elizabeth anything wouldn't be my first choice. There is far too much infrastructure named after that old queen already.

I would name it after a commoner. How about John Lennon?

Oliver Reed?
Old May 21st 12, 06:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2012\05\21 06:06, Offramp wrote:
On Sunday, 20 May 2012 18:23:46 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:

I think Victoria Coach Station should be renamed Elizabeth Coach
Station... is it after all in Elizabeth Street next to Elizabeth Bridge,
and not exactly adjacent to Victoria Station or Victoria Street.

That's not a bad idea. The Coach station should really be dissociated from the Tube/Train station. People arrive at Victoria Tube station thinking that the Coach Station will be right next door. As we know it is, with a bag, as much as a 15 minute walk along the Buckingham palace Road (if you get the directions right).

Naming it Elizabeth anything wouldn't be my first choice. There is far too much infrastructure named after that old queen already.

I would name it after a commoner. How about John Lennon?

Surely you mean Neil Hannon.

Old May 21st 12, 06:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

John Terry.
Old May 21st 12, 07:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On May 20, 5:23*pm, eastender wrote:
Managed to get to an Underground station today to replace my faulty
Oyster card but arghhh... look what I've been given:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49435266@N05/7234402872

I should have asked for the one with Oliver Cromwell.

Maybe this one only works on the Jubilee line.

It is absolutely beautiful. I wish I had an Oyster Card like that.

Old May 21st 12, 08:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

What has surprised me is how few Oyster card designs there have been. (I'm not counting Staff/Freedom passes etc; there are dozens of them.)
There is the standard blue one, the Barclaycard one, the Royal wedding one and now the Queen one. I have heard there is going to be an Olympic one.

Do you remember phone cards? Loads of different types... There was a large tulip-style collecting frenzy around them, years ago.
All finished now, of course. But BT and Mercury made some money out of them and I'm surprised Oyster has not tried to do so as well.
Old May 21st 12, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 21/05/2012 07:28, e27002 wrote:
I should have asked for the one with Oliver Cromwell.

Perhaps after the Jubilee they'll put a picture of 70013 on an Oyster
card...

--
Dave,
Frodsham
Old May 21st 12, 10:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/05/2012 08:05, Offramp wrote:
What has surprised me is how few Oyster card designs there have been. (I'm not counting Staff/Freedom passes etc; there are dozens of them.)
There is the standard blue one, the Barclaycard one, the Royal wedding one and now the Queen one. I have heard there is going to be an Olympic one.

Do you remember phone cards? Loads of different types... There was a large tulip-style collecting frenzy around them, years ago.
All finished now, of course. But BT and Mercury made some money out of them and I'm surprised Oyster has not tried to do so as well.

I understand that some of the BT phonecards can be rather expensive as
collector's items.