Old May 24th 12, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default District Line

What happened today, exactly?

Yes, I know that a signal at Embankment went on the blink, but does
anybody have any further detail? I suspect that if the heat wasn't the
cause, then it certainly didn't help.

Can anybody remind me where on TfL's website I can find the form to
claim for compensation, please?

I also wanted to ask a question about daily capping on Oyster cards.

I topped up my card with £5 last weekend at a Zone 2 station, thinking
that this would be sufficient for travel within Zones 1-2 for the day as
the Oyster card would automatically to cap itself. If £5 would not be
sufficient, then I could simply top an extra pound or two. But I was
certain that I would cap out.

I took the tube into town, and then later in the day jumped on an NR
train at Waterloo for Vauxhall, where I changed to a Victoria line train
for Brixton. Lo and behold, I find at Brixton when I tried to use a bus
that I did not have enough money.

So, I topped up my card with another couple of pounds and was able to go
on my merry way. But later, I found that I again did not have enough
cash to use the tube at Elephant & Castle, forcing me to once again top
up an additional £2.

Where did I go wrong? Even if I originally did not have enough on the
Oyster to get it to cap out at £5, I would have though that simply
adding an additional £2 would have been sufficient to let that happen.

Thanks for help and advice.

Old May 25th 12, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 25, 12:01*am, "
wrote:
[...]

Signal Track Circuit Failure on one side of the points. A work round
was attempted but just blew fuses. Some drivers reported taking three
hours to get from Upminster to Embankment
Old May 25th 12, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/05/2012 14:17, dave wrote:
On May 25, 12:01 am,
wrote:
[...]

Not surprising, based on what I saw. What caused the signal track
circuit failure to fail, the heat?

Now, where on TfL's website do I access the refund form for being delayed?
Old May 26th 12, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

On Fri, 25 May 2012 23:18:09 +0100, "
wrote:

Now, where on TfL's website do I access the refund form for being delayed?

https://custserv.tfl.gov.uk/icss_csi...T abtext=Tube

Good to see they won't be running out of page numbers any time soon!

Peter Smyth

Old May 26th 12, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/05/2012 14:17, dave wrote:
On May 25, 12:01 am,
wrote:
[...]

What would the work round have entailed?

Old May 26th 12, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25/05/2012 14:17, dave wrote:
On May 25, 12:01 am,
wrote:
[...]

How long does it normally take to get from Upminster to Embankment?

What about Wimbledon to Embankment, how long does that take?
Old May 28th 12, 07:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 26, 11:47*am, "
wrote:

What about Wimbledon to Embankment, how long does that take?- Hide quoted text -

My usual journey from Victoria to Wimbledon takes around 30-35
minutes, So at a guess, Wimbledon to Embankment would be around 45
minutes.

It's generally quicker to use SW Trains Wimbledon to Waterloo - the
trains run at tube like frequencies - but my Freedom Pass is not valid
at the time I want to travel.

Peter