Old June 3rd 12, 09:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Pass at 60

I happened to be watching the BBC Parliament Channel broadcasting
Mayor's Question Time (MQT) of 23 May.

Caroline Pidgeon asked about the Mayor's timescale for delivering his
Freedom Pass at 60 election commitment.

He thought it would happen in September, 2012.

I am afraid I failed to find a useful reference to quote here.
http://mqt.london.gov.uk/mqt/public/question.do?id=40796 is one of 3
links from http://mqt.london.gov.uk/mqt/public/...stions.do?body
Type=B&recordsPerSlice=25&party=&member=Caroline%2 0Pidgeon&startDate=&en
dDate=&commitmentsOnly=&interMeetingOnly=&searchSt ring=&sequenceNumber=&
respondent=&order=DESC&orderBy=SEQ_ID&slice=9
to the dialogue.

Question 1197/2012 is shown as
"Question by Caroline Pidgeon

Given that you are reliant on London Councils agreement to provide a
Freedom Pass to anyone aged 60 and over, how and when will you deliver
this pledge? How much do you expect it to cost TfL?
Answer by Boris Johnson

Following the election, TfL is now working up the detailed programme to
deliver this commitment."

That summary fails to reflect the interaction.

The link to the Webcast is to the whole of the MQT.
--
Walter Briscoe

Old June 3rd 12, 10:05 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Briscoe View Post

http://mqt.london.gov.uk/mqt/public/...on.do?id=40796 is one of 3
links from http://mqt.london.gov.uk/mqt/public/...stions.do?body
Type=B&recordsPerSlice=25&party=&member=Caroline%2 0Pidgeon&startDate=&en
dDate=&commitmentsOnly=&interMeetingOnly=&searchSt ring=&sequenceNumber=&
respondent=&order=DESC&orderBy=SEQ_ID&slice=9
to the dialogue.

Question 1197/2012 is shown as
"Question by Caroline Pidgeon

Given that you are reliant on London Councils agreement to provide a
Freedom Pass to anyone aged 60 and over, how and when will you deliver
this pledge? How much do you expect it to cost TfL?
Answer by Boris Johnson

Following the election, TfL is now working up the detailed programme to
deliver this commitment."

That summary fails to reflect the interaction.

The link to the Webcast is to the whole of the MQT.
--
Walter Briscoe
The Freedom Pass has been available to the over 60s for years.
I've been able to travel without paying on London's tube and
buses and most rail services for a long time.