Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 4th 12, 06:19 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Well I enjoyed it - the Flotilla

On Jun 4, 4:05*pm, Clive wrote:
In message , Bruce
writesI sincerely hope that, when you reach the age of 86 (like Her Majesty
the Queen) or even a week short of your 91st birthday (like the Duke
of Edinburgh),

Do you have the same medical care and pampering you are every bit as able as they were yesterday to
stand for many hours in the rain,

What rain, she had a brolly held over her head. eat and drink precisely nothing,
retain your composure and still manage a smile here and there.

99% of the time she looked sour as if she were eating a lemonI am 33 years younger than the Duke of Edinburgh and I could not have
managed what he did. *It was nice to be able to stay at home and watch
the spectacle on an HD TV from a warm and dry 'vantage point' with
ample supplies of hot drinks and food. *;-)

They cost each person the price of a loaf a bread a day, I'm sure a lot
of pensioners and people suffering under the credit crunch could have
done with that loaf, rather than give it to someone who has ample of
everything already.

Take a good look at the Heads of State of the various nations. None
compare with Her Majesty, none come even close to comparing with her.
She is irreplaceable at any price.
..