Old June 9th 12, 01:57 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Well I enjoyed it - the Flotilla

On 6/6/2012 7:28 AM, 77002 wrote:
Well I guess something can be an icon and be uggly, as oposed to
being an icon and beautiful.

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Mihangel wrote:

The BBC did
not add to the occasion with its inane comments. 'These iconic
buildings'; cut to slabs of 1960s concrete:

Just because it's a slab of 1960s concrete doesn't mean it's not iconic...

Anna Noyd-Dryver

PMFJI, those building are iconic for they are representative of their time.

rc

Old June 9th 12, 06:33 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Anna Noyd-Dryver wrote:
Mihangel wrote:

The BBC did
not add to the occasion with its inane comments. 'These iconic
buildings'; cut to slabs of 1960s concrete:

Just because it's a slab of 1960s concrete doesn't mean it's not
iconic...

Anna Noyd-Dryver

PMFJI, those building are iconic for they are representative of their time.

rc

Yes, that's right. The term is woefully overused though, as in "iconic
picture". What else would it be?

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman