Old June 6th 12, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default first S7 train delivered to Neasden, 30/5/12

- BEGIN TRANSMISSION -
First S7 production train arrives in London
Another key milestone for the SSR upgrade

Last Wednesday, 30 May, the first S7 train was delivered to Neasden
depot for commissioning and preparation for the S7 preview service.

The train has a few changes from the S8 with the obvious being one
less car and an all longitudinal seating layout.

Another three S7 trains are scheduled for delivery before the Olympics
so that the current three S8-test trains (less one car), being used
for S7 infrastructure integration testing can be amalgamated into the
S8 fleet prior to the introduction of our 2012 Games service.

Paul Coote, SSR Upgrades Delivery Manager said: "The arrival of our
first S7 train means that we are entering another exciting upgrade
phase.

"This represents a key milestone for S7 delivery and is the result of
a great deal of collaborative working with CPD, the line team and APD
to see the new train through build, fault-free running at Old Dalby
and integration testing on LU track, ahead of its introduction into
service this summer.

- END TRANSMISSION -

Old June 7th 12, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 06/06/2012 15:11, Offramp wrote:
[...]

So, when are the S7s due to enter revenue service? Will it be H&C?

I travelled out to Chesham on Tuesday evening, and I did notice an S8 at
Rickmansworth, though its running light indicated that it was a Circle
Line via KX. I assume that this was the test train that people have been
speaking about?

I noticed, BTW, that the S8 on which I was travelling back from Chesham
was running at about 60 miles between Chalfont & Latimer. I also noticed
that the speed between Wembley Park and Finchley Road was well over 50
miles.