Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 7th 12, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events

In article , Graeme Wall
scribeth thus
On 07/06/2012 16:32, John Bennett wrote:
On Thu 07 Jun 2012, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 07/06/2012 15:36, John Bennett wrote:
On Thu 07 Jun 2012, MB wrote:

Perhaps a petition about why ITV chose to cover a tennis match
rather than a major state occasion like this.

Have you thought about how many cameras and cameramen are needed
to cover an event like this? It's quite mind boggling! I remember
Princess Di's funeral when I know they were employing wedding
cameramen with sub broadcast equipment to make up the numbers.

Who are "they"?

It was the BBC and I know of some local "amateurs" who were contracted
for the day using their home made OB unit!

That I hadn't heard of! I know there were a few single-camera guys who
were co-opted onto OB cameras and found it not as easy as they expected.

Http://www.sislive.tv/broadcast-solu...2/06/sis-live-
help-deliver-coverage-of-the-queens-diamond-jubilee-events/
--
Tony Sayer