London Banter

-   -   Why wait for the dangleway (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13133-why-wait-dangleway.html)

Basil Jet[_2_] June 20th 12 06:27 AM

Why wait for the dangleway

.... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

Roland Perry June 20th 12 06:53 AM

Why wait for the dangleway

In message , at 07:27:50 on
Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Basil Jet remarked:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

hmm - exhilarating outdoor challenge.

When I was at the O2 earlier this year (hoping to get a glimpse of the
building site for the dangleway) there was such a bitterly cold wind
blowing even at ground level that I didn't manage to stay outside for
more than five minutes. On top of the Dome itself would have been, as
they say, a challenge.

Basil Jet[_2_] June 20th 12 07:05 AM

Why wait for the dangleway

On 2012\06\20 07:53, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 07:27:50 on
Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Basil Jet remarked:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

hmm - exhilarating outdoor challenge.

When I was at the O2 earlier this year (hoping to get a glimpse of the
building site for the dangleway) there was such a bitterly cold wind
blowing even at ground level that I didn't manage to stay outside for
more than five minutes. On top of the Dome itself would have been, as
they say, a challenge.

If you wore roller skates you could probably go right over it without
moving a muscle.

Clive Page[_3_] June 20th 12 08:57 AM

Why wait for the dangleway

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

Hmm, nice idea, have to think about that. But it's odd that they will
let you take a mobile phone but not a camera, which seems a great pity.
What about a mobile phone with a built-in camera (which many of them
do nowadays) I wonder?

--
Clive Page

Recliner[_2_] June 20th 12 09:16 AM

Why wait for the dangleway

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:57:02 +0100, Clive Page
wrote:

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

Hmm, nice idea, have to think about that. But it's odd that they will
let you take a mobile phone but not a camera, which seems a great pity.
What about a mobile phone with a built-in camera (which many of them
do nowadays) I wonder?

It sounds like would be allowed, as mobiles "must remain in the pocket
of your Climb suit until you reach the summit," which suggests that
you can then use them as a phone or camera as you wish. I suppose the
prohibition on cameras is to save having to argue which cameras are
too large, and in any case, cameras would have to fit in a pocket.

Ernesto August 25th 12 09:13 AM

Why wait for the dangleway

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

For £22??!

--
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."

tim..... August 25th 12 12:27 PM

Why wait for the dangleway

"Ernesto" wrote in message ...

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

For £22??!

But think how much all the health and safety stuff costs them!

(It's looks kinda fun actually)

tim