Old June 20th 12, 06:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why wait for the dangleway

.... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

Old June 20th 12, 06:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 07:27:50 on
Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Basil Jet remarked:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

hmm - exhilarating outdoor challenge.

When I was at the O2 earlier this year (hoping to get a glimpse of the
building site for the dangleway) there was such a bitterly cold wind
blowing even at ground level that I didn't manage to stay outside for
more than five minutes. On top of the Dome itself would have been, as
they say, a challenge.
Old June 20th 12, 07:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2012\06\20 07:53, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 07:27:50 on
Wed, 20 Jun 2012, Basil Jet remarked:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

hmm - exhilarating outdoor challenge.

When I was at the O2 earlier this year (hoping to get a glimpse of the
building site for the dangleway) there was such a bitterly cold wind
blowing even at ground level that I didn't manage to stay outside for
more than five minutes. On top of the Dome itself would have been, as
they say, a challenge.

If you wore roller skates you could probably go right over it without
moving a muscle.
Old June 20th 12, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

Hmm, nice idea, have to think about that. But it's odd that they will
let you take a mobile phone but not a camera, which seems a great pity.
What about a mobile phone with a built-in camera (which many of them
do nowadays) I wonder?

--
Clive Page
Old June 20th 12, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:57:02 +0100, Clive Page
wrote:

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

Hmm, nice idea, have to think about that. But it's odd that they will
let you take a mobile phone but not a camera, which seems a great pity.
What about a mobile phone with a built-in camera (which many of them
do nowadays) I wonder?

It sounds like would be allowed, as mobiles "must remain in the pocket
of your Climb suit until you reach the summit," which suggests that
you can then use them as a phone or camera as you wish. I suppose the
prohibition on cameras is to save having to argue which cameras are
too large, and in any case, cameras would have to fit in a pocket.

Old August 25th 12, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

For £22??!

--
"It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have..."
Old August 25th 12, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ernesto" wrote in message ...

On 20/06/2012 07:27, Basil Jet wrote:

... when you can walk over the O2 Dome?

http://www.theo2.co.uk/upattheo2

For £22??!

But think how much all the health and safety stuff costs them!

(It's looks kinda fun actually)

tim