Old July 5th 12, 06:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control- Guardian/Observer

On 2012-07-04, wrote:

If you have any knowledge of the English language, you will know that
cannot be a marriage. A circle can never be a square.

So if I disagree with you, I must therefore have no knowledge of the
English language (which was not the subject of discussion). So not an
honest or a defensible argument then, are you happy to use it?

And no, a circle is not a square, but both are geometric figures formed
by enclosing part of the plane with an unbroken line. Both are shapes
that might be used in, say, the design of a steam locomotive.

Dictionary definitions are not a valid basis for arguing about concepts.

And we do not really want to know about your world view, beliefs, and
opinions, much less have you expect that we should agree with them.

Sentiment mutual. Take your left field mishigas elsewhere.

Bist du Yid?

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman

Old July 5th 12, 06:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

On 04/07/2012 20:53, ®i©ardo wrote:
On 03/07/2012 12:22, 77002 wrote:
On Jul 2, 7:32 pm, wrote:
Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control

Labour has, by now, a long record of opposing Tory reforms, in
opposition, around the public sector and then failing to do a single
thing about them when, or if, returned to office.

They just play the political game.

Thanks to their union ties, the Labour party is the real conservative
party nowadays in this country, having failed to produce any real
radical changes of any consequence for years.

Your joking. The UK has forgotten what Conservatism is.

Apart from completely f**king up the nation’s finances the only thing
I can think of the last lot did that you can now, with hindsight,
never see being undone was civil partnerships.

There is nothing conservative about encouraging sodomy.

I would have added to that list the commendable decision to create an
independent BoE but as that particular piece of dysfunctional wazzock
brain implementation continues to unravel by the day, to the point of
needing a complete rebuild, the credit counter rather diminishes.

That move in and of itself was good. It is pity the UK does not have
people of the calibre needed to run an independent currency
controlling bank.

Perhaps labour would have done better by not nationalising the Bank of
England in 1946?

Which was cured by privatising it. No, wait.............

Old July 5th 12, 06:46 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On 05/07/2012 06:56, e27002 wrote:
Your unpleasantness was not necessary. What makes you think we want
your commie, homo hugging, global warming, baby killing nonsense?

Bingo!

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old July 5th 12, 08:49 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 22:56:33 -0700 (PDT)
e27002 wrote:
your commie, homo hugging, global warming, baby killing nonsense?

Yeah , global warming is all a big conspiracy.

Hows are the forest fires doing over there these days? Has the temp dropped
under 100F yet?

Let me try one more time: "Marriage is the union of a man and a woman.
Period".

Marriage is whatever its defined to be by the society it exists in, not
by some 2000 year old increasingly irrelevant book.

B2003

Old July 5th 12, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway

In article
,
e27002 wrote:

... A circle can never be a square.

I'm reminded of square sweets that look round, but of course that's
irrelevant to the argument.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Old July 5th 12, 11:08 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

e27002 wrote:
your commie, homo hugging, global warming, baby killing nonsense?

Yeah , global warming is all a big conspiracy.

Hows are the forest fires doing over there these days? Has the temp dropped
under 100F yet?

Not too many fires on the south coast of England. We have had an
awful amount of rain though.

Al Gore is glad to have you on board his money making venture I am
sure. Do check out the energy consumption of his mansion.

Hint, the Hockey Stick graph to watch is the money supply.

Let me try one more time: "Marriage is the union of a man and a woman.
Period".

Marriage is whatever its defined to be by the society it exists in, not
by some 2000 year old increasingly irrelevant book.

Try as I might, I cannot think of one culture over the most recent
3,000 years that has defined marriage other than the accepted way.
Now I will grant you that many have, and some do, allow a man to have
several simultaneous marriages. Only one AFIK allows a woman to have
several husbands. I will leave the feminazis to argue that one.
Except to say one cannot imagine the tsuris more than one wife would
bring. And, as for more than one mother-in-law, oivey.
Old July 5th 12, 11:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 04:08:23 -0700 (PDT)
77002 wrote:
Try as I might, I cannot think of one culture over the most recent
3,000 years that has defined marriage other than the accepted way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

Not sure why it bothers you so much if 2 men or 2 women want to live together
and have a legal document proving their connection.

What no one seems to give a toss about and which I think is far more
important is gay adoption. Many kids don't get a proper upbringing for whatever
reason but if the state has a choice of who to give a child to then its
IMO beholden to put them in a normal family - ie man & women. A child needs a
mother and a father, not 2 of one and zero of the other. Gay adopters should
be a last resort if there is simply nowhere else for the child to go. The
childs rights are paramount, the couples rights are irrelevant.

Except to say one cannot imagine the tsuris more than one wife would
bring. And, as for more than one mother-in-law, oivey.

You might want to ditch the faux jewish nonsense.

B2003

Old July 5th 12, 11:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit

77002 wrote:
Try as I might, I cannot think of one culture over the most recent
3,000 years that has defined marriage other than the accepted way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

Thank you.

Not sure why it bothers you so much if 2 men or 2 women want to live together
and have a legal document proving their connection.

Living together? That is their affair. Just keep it out of my face.

Marriage? That bothers me because it is one more devaluation of our
culture. It reduces the value and status of marriage.

What no one seems to give a toss about and which I think is far more
important is gay adoption. Many kids don't get a proper upbringing for whatever
reason but if the state has a choice of who to give a child to then its
IMO beholden to put them in a normal family - ie man & women. A child needs a
mother and a father, not 2 of one and zero of the other. Gay adopters should
be a last resort if there is simply nowhere else for the child to go. The
childs rights are paramount, the couples rights are irrelevant.

We are in agreement on this one.

Except to say one cannot imagine the tsuris more than one wife would
bring. *And, as for more than one mother-in-law, oivey.

You might want to ditch the faux jewish nonsense.

Faux? I do not speak Yidish (and very, very little Hebrew). I have
been in Synagogue, and in other's homes, enough to know the more
common Yidish expressions. Frankly I like them because they are so
expressive.
Old July 5th 12, 12:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:41:54AM +0100, Martin Edwards wrote:

We've nearly been through the card now. How about capital punishment,
safety belts are dangerous and smoking is good for you?

If it helps, my dad recently had a heart attack while playing squash.
He wasn't smoking at the time. This *PROVES* that smoking prevents
heart attacks, and that exercise is bad for you.

The Law of Daves: in any gathering of technical people, the
number of Daves will be greater than the number of women.