Old July 4th 12, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Movement of bendy buss's

There seems to a regular movement of Bendy-buss's along Hoe st,
e17(walthamstow), presumably moving to store but it happens in both
directions, any ideas.

Old July 4th 12, 11:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 10:35:14 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
My view is that they are probably for Olympics shuttle work and are
probably moving between Olympics sites and the Arriva depot at
Edmonton. I understand that Arriva have retained a number of Citaros
for such work.

I'm surprised Boris hasn't jumped on that bandwagon and ordered dozens of his
new daft bus to be showcased on olympic work. Missed a trick there.

B2003

Old July 4th 12, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 13:20:24 on
Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Recliner remarked:
Boris hinted this morning at Mayor's Questions that more than one
manufacturer will produce the 600 production vehicles that he also
confirmed as an "absolute commitment for delivery by 2016".

That's interesting -- I though Wrightbus had at least some ownership
of the detailed design?

Which someone else can build "under licence".
Old July 4th 12, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:10:44 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
Boris said "as TfL own all or most (!) of the IPR for the bus then it
would be possible for more than one company to build it. There is more
than one bus company in the UK" (or words to that effect). It will be
on the webcast of the meeting if anyone wants to check.

Sounds like an expensive fiasco in the making.

B2003

Old July 4th 12, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 04/07/2012 13:17, Paul Corfield wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:
My view is that they are probably for Olympics shuttle work and are
probably moving between Olympics sites and the Arriva depot at
Edmonton. I understand that Arriva have retained a number of Citaros
for such work.

I'm surprised Boris hasn't jumped on that bandwagon and ordered dozens of his
new daft bus to be showcased on olympic work. Missed a trick there.

It would be a bit difficult for him to do that given that the 8
prototypes are not yet here. Only 6 have turned up and it is not clear
when the next 2 will arrive. It is taking on average 4-5 weeks between
each vehicle delivery. The third bus is actually badged as the sixth
one too!

Boris hinted this morning at Mayor's Questions that more than one
manufacturer will produce the 600 production vehicles that he also
confirmed as an "absolute commitment for delivery by 2016".

Interesting - no wriggle room there. What do people think - will he be a
candidate in 2016? He did say he'd only do it for two terms, but I don't
think he ever stated that he was 'absolutely committed' to that course
of action (or words to that effect). Guess it all rather depends on how
the wider political picture plays out - it's hard to imagine he'd ever
become Tory leader, but then four years ago I found it hard to imagine
him becoming Mayor...
Old July 4th 12, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:44:43 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
Interesting - no wriggle room there. What do people think - will he be a
candidate in 2016? He did say he'd only do it for two terms, but I don't

There's always wriggle room for politicians especially when they're talking
about something 4 years in the future.

become Tory leader, but then four years ago I found it hard to imagine
him becoming Mayor...

Except people didn't vote for Boris but against Ken. The Tories could probably
have put Sooty up for mayor and he would have won. And been just as effective.
None of the mayoral candidates however are PM material and in general elections
people tend to take things a bit more seriously , whereas the london mayors
post is essentially a glorified county council leader.

B2003

Old July 4th 12, 02:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 15:00:08 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
Except people didn't vote for Boris but against Ken. The Tories could

probably
have put Sooty up for mayor and he would have won. And been just as

effective.

Both 2008 and 2012 were fairly close run things (e.g. this May just gone
it was 51.53% against 48.47%).

I'd still lay a few quid on most of the 51% voting against ken rather than
for boris. I know I did.

B2003