Old October 12th 12, 02:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Skyfall

The trailer for the new Bond film has a tube train crashing into a vault
at 58 seconds in. I think it's a Jubilee Line train.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mTIE4D9JM

Old October 12th 12, 06:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 03:18:39 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

The trailer for the new Bond film has a tube train crashing into a vault
at 58 seconds in. I think it's a Jubilee Line train.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mTIE4D9JM

Is it set in the future?
The train doesn't have a driver and shows Not in Service

Dave
Old October 12th 12, 08:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The trailer for the new Bond film has a tube train crashing into a vault
at 58 seconds in. I think it's a Jubilee Line train.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mTIE4D9JM

Is it set in the future?
The train doesn't have a driver and shows Not in Service

Sounds like a normal rush hour to me.

B2003

Old October 13th 12, 11:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The trailer for the new Bond film has a tube train crashing into a vault
at 58 seconds in. I think it's a Jubilee Line train.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mTIE4D9JM

Is it set in the future?
The train doesn't have a driver and shows Not in Service

Dave

What are the discerning external features between 95ts and 96ts, BTW?
Old October 15th 12, 09:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

The trailer for the new Bond film has a tube train crashing into a vault
at 58 seconds in. I think it's a Jubilee Line train.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mTIE4D9JM

Is it set in the future?
The train doesn't have a driver and shows Not in Service

Dave

What are the discerning external features between 95ts and 96ts, BTW?

One has good acceleration , one accelerates like an arthritic tortoise.
People kept on mentioning "software restrictions" or something on the northern
line trains but they've been in service for 15 odd years now and their
acceleration is still **** so I suspect the truth is the traction packs arn't
up to the job unlike the - ironically - older tech in the jubilee trains.

B2003

Old October 16th 12, 05:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

My son was playing Call of Duty: MW2 yesterday on the PS3 ( I bought
it for £6 ).
There is a level set on the Tube. There are no roundels, I suppose to
save money, but it's clearly also the Jubilee Line.
One can walk up close to the maps and see that stations and lines have
been renamed to what I assume is developers' names.
It's a pretty exciting game - not quite my style, though.
I prefer Chip's Challenge.
Old October 17th 12, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:47:54 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
There must be more to it than that. There's no reason they couldn't have full
acceleration but with the top speed still limited. The signalling as an
excuse makes no sense to me , there is a fixed distance between signals and
its up to the drivers how they get between them. Surely getting up to line
speed as fast as possible would benefit everyone?

Not if that means you are travelling too fast (to stop) when the next
signal looms into view.

Thats down to driver training surely.

And then there's the energy consumption.

If that were a concern then all new trains on the system would be limited to
a snails pace. But thats not the case.

B2003