Old November 29th 12, 08:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus passes

With the bus strike in north london today they've been saying on the radio
that bus passes will be accepted on reasonable alternative routes.

What bus passes? I thought it was either Oyster or cash now. Or are there
special bus only Oyster cards?

B2003

Old November 29th 12, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:30:47 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:50:31 on Thu, 29 Nov
2012, d remarked:
With the bus strike in north london today they've been saying on the radio
that bus passes will be accepted on reasonable alternative routes.

What bus passes? I thought it was either Oyster or cash now. Or are there
special bus only Oyster cards?

Journalist referring to twirly cards perhaps.

Twirly cards?

--
B2003

Old November 29th 12, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14415.aspx
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old November 29th 12, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:09:27 -0000
"Robin" wrote:
What bus passes? I thought it was either Oyster or cash now. Or are
there special bus only Oyster cards?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14415.aspx

Ah ok, so a "bus pass" is just a special type of entry on an Oyster card.
That makes sense.

B2003

Old November 29th 12, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:56:11 on Thu, 29 Nov
2012, d remarked:
Journalist referring to twirly cards perhaps.

Twirly cards?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twirly

entry #2 (although the term is also in common use in London).

And, yes I know, they are valid all hours in London now.
Old November 29th 12, 11:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:13:45 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
entry #2 (although the term is also in common use in London).

I've never heard it. *shrug*

B2003

Old November 29th 12, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin" wrote:

What bus passes? I thought it was either Oyster or cash now. Or are
there special bus only Oyster cards?

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14415.aspx

Ah ok, so a "bus pass" is just a special type of entry on an Oyster card.
That makes sense.

If you're using that logic, then so is a season Travelcard.
Old November 30th 12, 06:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Nov 29, 1:01*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:50:31 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

With the bus strike in north london today they've been saying on the radio
that bus passes will be accepted on reasonable alternative routes.

What bus passes? I thought it was either Oyster or cash now. Or are there
special bus only Oyster cards?

There is a 7 day, monthly or longer Bus and Tram Pass. This is issued
on an Oyster Card. The Daily Bus Pass has been replaced by the PAYG
cap for bus and tram travel.

Instead of a weekly bus pass people could buy a ( for example ) zone
2/3 weekly Tube travelcard for almost the same price; this could be
used on the Tube in those zones and on every London bus.
Old November 30th 12, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Instead of a weekly bus pass people could buy a ( for example ) zone
2/3 weekly Tube travelcard for almost the same price; this could be
used on the Tube in those zones and on every London bus.

Yep - but I bet there are still plenty of people who need buses to get
to and from work and to whom the extra £3.20 a week would be
significant.
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Do out-of-London bus passes work on London bus touch-pads? Clive Page[_3_] London Transport 24 August 27th 11 11:15 AM
Bus Passes? Clive. London Transport 7 January 3rd 08 04:18 PM
Are paper Bus Passes being abolished? John Haines London Transport 11 July 5th 04 09:27 PM
Are paper Bus Passes being abolished? John Haines London Transport 0 July 1st 04 06:54 PM
One Day Bus Passes Wanderingjew698 London Transport 3 November 4th 03 08:22 PM