Old November 30th 12, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus passes

On 30/11/2012 09:26, Robin wrote:

Instead of a weekly bus pass people could buy a ( for example ) zone
2/3 weekly Tube travelcard for almost the same price; this could be
used on the Tube in those zones and on every London bus.

Yep - but I bet there are still plenty of people who need buses to get
to and from work and to whom the extra £3.20 a week would be
significant.

Agreed - if one is never (or hardly ever) going to take advantage of
this, then it's money down the drain.

It is potentially v useful for those who might find it advantageous.
Old November 30th 12, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:13:45 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
entry #2 (although the term is also in common use in London).

I've never heard it. *shrug*

Used to hear it all though my teens when waiting for a morning bus

tim

Old December 1st 12, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 12:57:10 -0600,
wrote:

National old people's bus passes outside London are issued on ITSO smart
cards which can't be read on London buses.

My London Freedom Pass can be read on Arriva buses in Liverpool. How
does this work?
--
John Ray
Old December 2nd 12, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Sun, 2 Dec
2012 09:13:22 in uk.transport.london, Paul Corfield
writes

[snip]

The London system is being upgraded, by a DfT funded project, so that
all Oyster readers can read ITSO spec cards. Therefore concessionary
passes issued elsewhere in England will be read by London bus readers.
NOTE that this does NOT mean that bus concessionary passes will work
on the tube, rail or DLR - they won't as they are not valid.

I think it does mean that such additional validity could be simple to
implement, given the political will.

This London Council Tax payer and Freedom Pass holder would like to see
symmetrical validity. Let Northumberland seniors travel free by London
Tube and let me travel free on buses and Glasgow Subway in Scotland.

OTOH, we don't even have symmetrical validity in London. I can go to
Dartford with a Freedom Pass, but not with Oyster PAYG. I saw many
Oyster customers tripped and trapped at that gateline, when I went there
one afternoon. Even worse, was finding someone had gone between Waterloo
and Hersham with PAYG and risked a criminal record. Travel beyond
Surbiton is not covered.] I was astounded that the Oyster Customer
Service Centre cancelled the incomplete journey charges.
--
Walter Briscoe

Do out-of-London bus passes work on London bus touch-pads? Clive Page[_3_] London Transport 24 August 27th 11 11:15 AM
Bus Passes? Clive. London Transport 7 January 3rd 08 04:18 PM
Are paper Bus Passes being abolished? John Haines London Transport 11 July 5th 04 09:27 PM
Are paper Bus Passes being abolished? John Haines London Transport 0 July 1st 04 06:54 PM
One Day Bus Passes Wanderingjew698 London Transport 3 November 4th 03 08:22 PM