London Banter

-   -   "UndergrounD" stamps & coins. (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13350-underground-stamps-coins.html)

e27002 December 24th 12 03:50 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

On 24 Dec, 16:26, Bevan Price wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal Mail is
issuing a set of stamps featuring the London Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a wider
audience.

David Jackman[_2_] December 27th 12 06:21 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

e27002 wrote in news:0f7100e0-a024-4d5e-bdf4-
:

On 24 Dec, 16:26, Bevan Price wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal Mail is
issuing a set of stamps featuring the London Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a wider
audience.

And the cost of two £2.00 coins?

£20 according to the Royal Mint website....

David

Bevan Price[_4_] December 27th 12 07:02 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal
Mail is issuing a set of stamps featuring the London
Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the
150th anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a
wider audience.

And the cost of two £2.00 coins?

£20 according to the Royal Mint website....

David

That price is for uncirculated coins in presentation packs. I expect
there will be other, "normal value" £2 coins coming into general
circulation during 2013.

Bevan

tim..... December 28th 12 12:24 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal
Mail is issuing a set of stamps featuring the London
Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the
150th anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a
wider audience.

And the cost of two £2.00 coins?

£20 according to the Royal Mint website....

David

That price is for uncirculated coins in presentation packs.

and it's surprising what a difference having a genuinely uncirculated coin
can make to the collectable value (and in 10 years time it's easy to tell
the difference).

Of course whether a particular commemorative theme is worth collecting for
its long term value depends upon entirely different things.

tim

[email protected] November 9th 13 02:03 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

On 27/12/2012 19:21, David Jackman wrote:
e27002 wrote in news:0f7100e0-a024-4d5e-bdf4-
:

On 24 Dec, 16:26, Bevan Price wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal Mail is
issuing a set of stamps featuring the London Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a wider
audience.

And the cost of two £2.00 coins?

£20 according to the Royal Mint website....

David

Nonsense, you can find them in your change, as I have. That's part of
the fun of coin collecting. Plus, I put away the coins that I found --
£16 saved.

[email protected] November 9th 13 03:27 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

On 09/11/2013 15:38, wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:03:53 +0000, "
wrote:

On 27/12/2012 19:21, David Jackman wrote:
e27002 wrote in news:0f7100e0-a024-4d5e-bdf4-
:

On 24 Dec, 16:26, Bevan Price wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal Mail is
issuing a set of stamps featuring the London Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a wider
audience.

And the cost of two £2.00 coins?

£20 according to the Royal Mint website....

David

Nonsense, you can find them in your change, as I have. That's part of
the fun of coin collecting. Plus, I put away the coins that I found --
£16 saved.

Aren't there different grades of coins with some collectors wanting un
circulated pristine ones? And maybe some overseas/tourist collectors
who are unlikely to get some in change.

At least the coins are a familiar size, back in 77 I got a large
number of Jubilee Crowns from a Post Office at their face value 25p .
My Bus fare to work was 25p and on a couple of occasions a regular
driver had mumbled about giving change "you should know the fare by
now". So for about 6 months he got a Crown handed to him which made
him even grumpier as the change holder
http://www.bobmockford.co.uk/museum/change/
didn't have a slot suitable. Other drivers welcomed them as they
hadn't been able to get any personally and swapped them with their own
coins.

G.Harman

I've done same with the 2-pound coins from the 90s as well as the 50 New
Pence coins.

[email protected] November 9th 13 03:28 PM

"UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

wrote:

[...]

I also heard that some 5-pound coins had made their way into circulation
in years past. It's a shame that you can no longer acquire them on a
like-for-like basis at the Post Office.