Old December 24th 12, 03:50 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default "UndergrounD" stamps & coins.

On 24 Dec, 16:26, Bevan Price wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal Mail is
issuing a set of stamps featuring the London Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a wider
audience.

Old November 9th 13, 03:27 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 09/11/2013 15:38, wrote:
On Sat, 09 Nov 2013 15:03:53 +0000, "
wrote:

On 27/12/2012 19:21, David Jackman wrote:
e27002 wrote in news:0f7100e0-a024-4d5e-bdf4-
:

On 24 Dec, 16:26, Bevan Price wrote:
For anyone interested in such things, On 9 January 2013, Royal Mail is
issuing a set of stamps featuring the London Underground.

The Royal Mint is also producing two £2 coins to celebrate the 150th
anniversary of the Metropolitan Line.

Thank you for letting us know. I am cross posting this for a wider
audience.

And the cost of two £2.00 coins?

£20 according to the Royal Mint website....

David

Nonsense, you can find them in your change, as I have. That's part of
the fun of coin collecting. Plus, I put away the coins that I found --
£16 saved.

Aren't there different grades of coins with some collectors wanting un
circulated pristine ones? And maybe some overseas/tourist collectors
who are unlikely to get some in change.

At least the coins are a familiar size, back in 77 I got a large
number of Jubilee Crowns from a Post Office at their face value 25p .
My Bus fare to work was 25p and on a couple of occasions a regular
driver had mumbled about giving change "you should know the fare by
now". So for about 6 months he got a Crown handed to him which made
him even grumpier as the change holder
http://www.bobmockford.co.uk/museum/change/
didn't have a slot suitable. Other drivers welcomed them as they
hadn't been able to get any personally and swapped them with their own
coins.

G.Harman

I've done same with the 2-pound coins from the 90s as well as the 50 New
Pence coins.

Old November 9th 13, 03:28 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

I also heard that some 5-pound coins had made their way into circulation
in years past. It's a shame that you can no longer acquire them on a
like-for-like basis at the Post Office.