Old January 26th 13, 09:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Loop near Hampstead?

Last night on a slow Northbound train I saw another train parked in what
looked like a tunnel which veered off to the right.

I've not noticed it before - is there some sort of loop for turning
trains around?

--
Tim Gowen

Old January 26th 13, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26/01/2013 10:43, Tim Gowen wrote:
Last night on a slow Northbound train I saw another train parked in what
looked like a tunnel which veered off to the right.

I've not noticed it before - is there some sort of loop for turning
trains around?

Looking at my Quail, there's a trailing crossover between the running
lines just north of Hampstead. So what you saw was probably a southbound
train. If it was stationary, then it was likely to be waiting for the
platform to clear.

The tunnel veering off to the right wold have been the southbound
running line.

There is no siding or loop at Hampstead.

HTH

Kevin
Old January 28th 13, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kevin Ayton wrote:

Looking at my Quail, there's a trailing crossover between the running
lines just north of Hampstead. So what you saw was probably a southbound
train. If it was stationary, then it was likely to be waiting for the
platform to clear.

Thank you. What is Quail?

Tim

--