Old February 13th 13, 08:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Repeated traffic light failure

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:16:25 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
There are also two Muslim Faith Schools in Nottingham.

Elsewhere in the country there are also Jewish, Hindu, Sikh and Greek
Orthodox Faith Schools.

Unfortunately. "Religious education" is an oxymoron.

B2003

Old February 13th 13, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-02-13 10:53:43 +0000, Recliner said:

Yup, on that topic, we're in full agreement. What I particularly resent is
that these cults do this with taxpayers' money, not their own. I don't want
my taxes propping up any cult indoctrination. Religious education, if any,
should be done outside school and school hours, and shouldn't involve any
state support.

Indeed - some things give me Boltar type apoplexy and the local RC
school - just 200 yards away - paid for with my taxes but unvailable to
my children is one.

Boltar for Pope I say. Might as well have one extremist for another.

E.

Old February 13th 13, 10:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-02-13 10:53:43 +0000, Recliner said:

Yup, on that topic, we're in full agreement. What I particularly resent is
that these cults do this with taxpayers' money, not their own. I don't want
my taxes propping up any cult indoctrination. Religious education, if any,
should be done outside school and school hours, and shouldn't involve any
state support.

Indeed - some things give me Boltar type apoplexy and the local RC school
- just 200 yards away - paid for with my taxes but unvailable to my children is one.

Boltar for Pope I say. Might as well have one extremist for another.

Ah, Pope Boltar I has a good ring to it!

Old February 13th 13, 10:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:20:49 +0000
On 2013-02-13 10:53:43 +0000, Recliner said:

Yup, on that topic, we're in full agreement. What I particularly resent is
that these cults do this with taxpayers' money, not their own. I don't want
my taxes propping up any cult indoctrination. Religious education, if any,
should be done outside school and school hours, and shouldn't involve any
state support.

Indeed - some things give me Boltar type apoplexy and the local RC
school - just 200 yards away - paid for with my taxes but unvailable to
my children is one.

Boltar for Pope I say. Might as well have one extremist for another.

Si calceus, aptat ...

B2003

Old February 13th 13, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
nternet.com of Wed, 13 Feb 2013 04:53:43 in uk.transport.london,
Recliner writes
wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 09:47:43 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:41:19 on Wed, 13 Feb
2013, d remarked:

There are also two Muslim Faith Schools in Nottingham.

Elsewhere in the country there are also Jewish, Hindu, Sikh and Greek
Orthodox Faith Schools.

Unfortunately. "Religious education" is an oxymoron.

We can and do educate children *about* religion - thinks like explaining
what religions believe in (spiritual and culinary), when their religious
holidays are and what they signify.

I don't have a problem with kids learning about religion at school, I have
a problem with them being indoctrinated there - being told for 10 years that
whatever particular fairytale their faith happens to believe in is the gospel
truth and takes priority over scientific reasoning wherever the two disagree.

Yup, on that topic, we're in full agreement. What I particularly resent is
that these cults do this with taxpayers' money, not their own. I don't want
my taxes propping up any cult indoctrination. Religious education, if any,
should be done outside school and school hours, and shouldn't involve any
state support.

Some taxpayers also have religious beliefs.
Currently, the law allows religious schools.
I suggest that debate on this is off topic in uk.transport.london.

My own experience is that I went to school, without adult supervision,
from the age of 4. My children were escorted to nursery and primary
schools and travelled, without escort, to secondary school by public
transport. That was their parents' choice. My opinion of other parents'
choices should probably be kept to myself.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old February 13th 13, 10:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-02-13 11:31:13 +0000, Walter Briscoe said:

I suggest that debate on this is off topic in uk.transport.london.

It's related as the reason we're talking about it is that religious
schools can displace kids from local access and force them into the
transport system.

E.