Old August 29th 13, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL consults on all TfL bus services going cashless

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 04:34:38PM +0100, Richard wrote:

As others have pointed out, even if we "all" have contactless bank
cards by next year, will they all work -- prepay, foreign, everything?
What happens if your Oyster fails to work? I'm on my third or fourth.

Even I'm on my second, and I use the thing maybe two days a quarter on
average.

I would be more ready to accept no
cash fares on the bus if any bus fare were valid for at least one
transfer.

Or a bus ticket was valid for an hour (or two hours in the wee small
hours when the service is less frequent). This would also get around
the problem of people being overcharged because they don't know about
transfer tickets and drivers not bothering to tell people that they need
one when a bus stops short of its advertised destination.

This is another thing that Caroline Pidgeon has been wibbling about.

--
David Cantrell | Pope | First Church of the Symmetrical Internet

NANOG makes me want to unplug everything and hide under the bed
-- brian d foy