Old August 29th 13, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Worrying Central Line incident

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

Old August 29th 13, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013-08-29 19:00:44 +0000, Basil Jet said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

The second smoke related evac in a few days - the other on Southeastern:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-8786224.html

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10...ng _problems/

E.

Old August 29th 13, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29/08/2013 20:00, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

I saw that. It struck as incredible that some people didn't even know
how to press a button.
Old August 29th 13, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.
The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

Old August 29th 13, 11:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote on 29 August 2013
21:48:26 ...
On 29/08/2013 20:00, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

I saw that. It struck as incredible that some people didn't even know
how to press a button.

Which button are you referring to?
--
Richard J.

Old August 30th 13, 03:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.

Well, it's rather a good job he did, because it provides evidence of what
happened and how people responded.

The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

She was on a train that she believed was on fire (apparently) and the doors
were jammed shut.

What would you have done, I wonder?

--
Brian

Old August 30th 13, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Brian Watson" wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.

Well, it's rather a good job he did, because it provides evidence of what
happened and how people responded.

The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

She was on a train that she believed was on fire (apparently) and the doors
were jammed shut.

What would you have done, I wonder?

Ironically, they were 'jammed shut' as a safety precaution, as the train
was partly in tunnel.
Old August 30th 13, 08:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30/08/2013 00:13, Richard J. wrote:
wrote on 29 August 2013
21:48:26 ...
On 29/08/2013 20:00, Basil Jet wrote:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

I saw that. It struck as incredible that some people didn't even know
how to press a button.

Which button are you referring to?

The power supply button on the near wall in the station. Two girls were
pushing it without lifting the cover.
Old August 30th 13, 08:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29/08/2013 23:05, Graham Harrison wrote:

"Basil Jet" wrote in message

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...ef=mostpopular

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well.
Quite why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't
know. The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really
knowing what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was
going to achieve is beyond me.

Panicked, she was. Just because of a strong smell from the brakes.

Old August 30th 13, 08:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30/08/2013 16:33, Brian Watson wrote:
"Graham Harrison" wrote in message

Watching the video I don't think anyone comes out of it very well. Quite
why the camera operator kept filming instead of evacuating I don't know.

Well, it's rather a good job he did, because it provides evidence of what
happened and how people responded.

The staff appear (stress - appear) to be running around not really knowing
what to do. And what the woman who climbed out thought she was going to
achieve is beyond me.

She was on a train that she believed was on fire (apparently) and the doors
were jammed shut.

What would you have done, I wonder?

Where's the manual override on the 92ts, BTW?