Old December 2nd 03, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Aldgate Station Incident

Hello folks, I wondered if anyone could clear this one up. Upon my
searches for a LUL roundel on google images, I found this website
(from a picture of a subway leading to the underground)

http://www.zuko.com/weird_and_spooky_places.htm

If you scroll down a little of the way, a small written piece outlines
an apparent incident involving a track-worker. Although full of
inaccuracies (i.e the voltage of the conductor rail), the story has
cropped up elswhere on the world wide web, however stating that the
trackworker was killed by a train. Any how, is this station haunted
like it is said, and did this incident happen?

Cheers,

Nat

Old December 2nd 03, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nathan Whitington" wrote in message
m...

Any how, is this station haunted like it is said

Only by me!

Old December 2nd 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nathan Whitington" wrote in message
m...

is this station haunted like it is said

To answer "yes" to that question would be to go against all scientific
knowledge.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old December 2nd 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , Nathan
Whitington writes
Hello folks, I wondered if anyone could clear this one up. Upon my
searches for a LUL roundel on google images, I found this website
(from a picture of a subway leading to the underground)

http://www.zuko.com/weird_and_spooky_places.htm

If you scroll down a little of the way, a small written piece outlines
an apparent incident involving a track-worker. Although full of
inaccuracies (i.e the voltage of the conductor rail), the story has
cropped up elswhere on the world wide web, however stating that the
trackworker was killed by a train. Any how, is this station haunted
like it is said, and did this incident happen?

I thought Covent Garden was better known for its ghost....
--
Kat Frogs have it easy. They can eat what bugs them.

Old December 3rd 03, 08:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
.. .

"Nathan Whitington" wrote in message
m...

Any how, is this station haunted like it is said

Only by me!

An if you saw Robin on a dark night in a dark ally, Run for lives!!!

Old December 3rd 03, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.zuko.com/weird_and_spooky_places.htm

If you scroll down a little of the way, a small written piece outlines
an apparent incident involving a track-worker. Although full of
inaccuracies (i.e the voltage of the conductor rail), the story has
cropped up elswhere on the world wide web, however stating that the
trackworker was killed by a train. Any how, is this station haunted
like it is said, and did this incident happen?

Well, just a couple of points. As you pointed out, the voltage is completely
inaccurate. Also there's mention of "passengers hearing footsteps in the wee
hours of the morning", which would certainly surprise me as the tube shuts
down before the wee hours commence.

There's also the assertion that Aldgate is where the line "crosses over
older sections of underground rail".... Well, yes and no... It doesn't cross
over anything, but it is one side of triangular junction, Aldgate station
itself being the oldest part as the other two sides were re-alligned to
relieve congestion.

And a final point... Aldgate station has only recently actually become
underground, and even that's a rather dubious assertion!

Ronnie
--
http://www.blugman.freeserve.co.uk

Due to recent viruspams, any email containing the word "Microsoft" will not
be received.