Old September 20th 13, 10:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default C2C to pilot South East Flexible Ticketing scheme

On Sun, 8 Sep 2013 09:51:06 -0700 (PDT), e27002
wrote:

On Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:07:31 AM UTC-7, Richard wrote:
On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 07:28:16 +0100, Roland Perry

wrote:

Paris "Subway"? Wash your mouth out!

Roland should have been aware of the uk.railway Académie Anglais. Using the language of the Federal Union that gave us the internet. whatever next.

A late reply, but my (attempted) humour was not at all a pop at the
USA. Indeed, "Washington Subway" or "Glasgow Tube" would be as wrong
as each other. "London metro" would sound a bit odd, even though it
gave the world both the concept and the word. I suppose NYC's
dominance tends to lend "subway" some weight as the generic word in
the US. You'd know more about that than I.

Richard.