London Banter

-   -   London bus apps (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/13635-london-bus-apps.html)

Scott September 21st 13 07:39 PM

London bus apps

Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

Lew 1[_4_] September 21st 13 07:52 PM

London bus apps

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Scott September 21st 13 08:00 PM

London bus apps

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:52:50 +0000 (UTC), Lew 1 wrote:

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Sorry, I should have said it's a Windows phone.

Offramp September 21st 13 10:16 PM

London bus apps

Nothing yet. Microsoft will release three at the same time.

Roland Perry September 22nd 13 06:48 AM

London bus apps

In message , at 21:00:27 on
Sat, 21 Sep 2013, Scott remarked:
it's a Windows phone.

A browser and the tfl journey planner?

Mizter T September 22nd 13 08:24 AM

London bus apps

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Sorry, I should have said it's a Windows phone.

"Buses Due":
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/buses-due/5a33f90e-d44a-42d5-b58e-88ec4cbbe107

Scott September 22nd 13 08:36 AM

London bus apps

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:16:44 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

Nothing yet. Microsoft will release three at the same time.

There is. There's 'Buses Due' (free), 'London Bus Hub' (free) and
'London Bus Checker' (£1.99).

I tried Buses Due but I am annoyed with them for trying to con me with
a prize draw that would have cost me £4.50 had I not checked the T&C.

Ken Wheatley September 22nd 13 10:16 AM

London bus apps

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Sorry, I should have said it's a Windows phone.

I thought the inbuild Nokia app was good at public transport - not that
I've ever used it. Does it not include TfL?

Tony Dragon September 22nd 13 06:50 PM

London bus apps

On 21/09/2013 20:39, Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If your wondering when the next bus will arrive, then text the number on
the stop to 87287.

[email protected] September 22nd 13 07:09 PM

London bus apps

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:39:09 +0100
Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

Don't bother with the buses, they hardly ever show up on time, are slow,
uncomfortable and are usually full of scum especially at night. Use the tube.
If you have to use a bus in London then you've messed up your journey
planning somehow.

--
Spud