Old September 21st 13, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London bus apps

Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

Old September 21st 13, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.
Old September 21st 13, 08:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:52:50 +0000 (UTC), Lew 1 wrote:

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Sorry, I should have said it's a Windows phone.
Old September 21st 13, 10:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nothing yet. Microsoft will release three at the same time.
Old September 22nd 13, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:00:27 on
Sat, 21 Sep 2013, Scott remarked:
it's a Windows phone.

A browser and the tfl journey planner?

Old September 22nd 13, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Sorry, I should have said it's a Windows phone.

"Buses Due":
http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/buses-due/5a33f90e-d44a-42d5-b58e-88ec4cbbe107
Old September 22nd 13, 08:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 15:16:44 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

Nothing yet. Microsoft will release three at the same time.

There is. There's 'Buses Due' (free), 'London Bus Hub' (free) and
'London Bus Checker' (£1.99).

I tried Buses Due but I am annoyed with them for trying to con me with
a prize draw that would have cost me £4.50 had I not checked the T&C.
Old September 22nd 13, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If you're talking iphone / iPad, I prefer Next Bus London by a country
mile. The others all have various features and graphics that just get in
the way of seeing the data.

Sorry, I should have said it's a Windows phone.

I thought the inbuild Nokia app was good at public transport - not that
I've ever used it. Does it not include TfL?

Old September 22nd 13, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 21/09/2013 20:39, Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

If your wondering when the next bus will arrive, then text the number on
the stop to 87287.
Old September 22nd 13, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 20:39:09 +0100
Scott wrote:
Visiting London next weekend. Does anyone have any strong views on
which bus times app is the best? I'm not bothered about paying a
small fee to avoid adverts.

Don't bother with the buses, they hardly ever show up on time, are slow,
uncomfortable and are usually full of scum especially at night. Use the tube.
If you have to use a bus in London then you've messed up your journey
planning somehow.

--
Spud

Bus times apps Scott London Transport 1 August 11th 13 09:14 AM
Do out-of-London bus passes work on London bus touch-pads? Clive Page[_3_] London Transport 24 August 27th 11 11:15 AM
Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass Mizter T London Transport 99 January 23rd 07 07:04 PM
london bus arrival time estimations (the digital thing at the bus stands) john London Transport 7 August 3rd 03 09:38 PM