Old December 11th 13, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Freedom Pass journey history

Is it possible to get a printed record of my London Freedom Pass journey history from 10 days ago? The history that I can get from the Oyster machine only goes back 7 days.

Old December 11th 13, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 12:22:26 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 02:53:50 -0800 (PST), Fred K
wrote:

Is it possible to get a printed record of my London Freedom Pass journey history from 10 days ago?
The history that I can get from the Oyster machine only goes back 7 days.

I don't believe it is possible to do that because Freedom Pass holders
do not have on line accounts with TfL. I also don't believe it is
actually possible to for them to set up accounts.

If TfL have the data then a DPA subject access request should do it.
Old December 11th 13, 05:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Is it possible to get a printed record of my London Freedom Pass journey
history from 10 days ago?
The history that I can get from the Oyster machine only goes back 7 days.

I don't believe it is possible to do that because Freedom Pass holders
do not have on line accounts with TfL. I also don't believe it is
actually possible to for them to set up accounts.

The data on your card covers your last 10 journeys and if someone is a
frequent traveller they are likely to make more than 10 journeys in 10
days and the journey record "slots" on the card get overwritten with
the more recent info.

I'm intrigued if this data is used for any internal charging purposes? For
example, the Freedom Passes are paid for by London Councils -- do they pay
a fixed amount per FP holder per year, or is the cost based on actual
usage, as measured by these journeys? If the latter, do all the bizarre
Oyster rules apply?
Old December 11th 13, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11/12/2013 18:43, Recliner wrote:
[Freedom Pass usage data]
I'm intrigued if this data is used for any internal charging purposes? For
example, the Freedom Passes are paid for by London Councils -- do they pay
a fixed amount per FP holder per year, or is the cost based on actual
usage, as measured by these journeys? If the latter, do all the bizarre
Oyster rules apply?

See this relatively short London Council's document (MS Word format)
dated November 2012 - "Freedom Pass Settlement: apportionment methodology":

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/London%2520Councils/Item10121114FreedomPassapportionmentExecutiverepor .docx
Old December 11th 13, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

On 11/12/2013 18:43, Recliner wrote:
[Freedom Pass usage data]
I'm intrigued if this data is used for any internal charging purposes?
For
example, the Freedom Passes are paid for by London Councils -- do they
pay
a fixed amount per FP holder per year, or is the cost based on actual
usage, as measured by these journeys? If the latter, do all the bizarre
Oyster rules apply?

See this relatively short London Council's document (MS Word format) dated
November 2012 - "Freedom Pass Settlement: apportionment methodology":

http://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/London%2520Councils/Item10121114FreedomPassapportionmentExecutiverepor .docx

The document makes interesting reading but it is not clear whether they
record actual cost (as per Oyster) or just the number of times a card is
used. If the latter there is no Oyster-like history of your usage.

If I read it correctly, an annual lump sum is paid to the transport
operators and the records are used only to apportion this cost between the
boroughs. I make frequent trips on National Rail south of the river where
many stations either have no gates or leave them open except at peak times
due to absence of staff. Like most Freedom pass users I do not bother to
touch in and/or out unless I need to open a gate because the pass always
opens a gate when needed and any inspections just check visually that you
have a pass. This suggests boroughs north of the river with fewer rail users
are still losing out from the apportionment.

Old December 11th 13, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11/12/2013 21:51, MikeS wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote in message

[...]

This might help

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._made_annually
Old December 11th 13, 09:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote

I'm intrigued if this data is used for any internal charging purposes? For

example, the Freedom Passes are paid for by London Councils -- do they pay
a fixed amount per FP holder per year, or is the cost based on actual
usage, as measured by these journeys? If the latter, do all the bizarre
Oyster rules apply?

If an Freedom Pass card is used on a TfL bus outside the zones (and within
the permitted hours for a National bus pass) the local council owes a per
use amount just as for other operators.

They don't need the Freedom Pass details for this however.

--
Mike D

Old December 12th 13, 10:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, thanks, it does. Being a recent FP user, I still revel in being able
freely to jump on a bus for even a short ride, so I'm not surprised that FP
users are estimated to be quite heavy bus users.

For example, yesterday I was walking from the BM to the Tube, and I'd
planned to go to Euston Square. When I spotted a southbound 24 stuck in
traffic on Gower St, I made an instant decision to board through the open
back door, and rode on it to Tottenham Court Rd station instead. The heavy
traffic meant that it was probably slower than my original plan to walk to
a Tube station, but I enjoyed the ride. I certainly wouldn't have done it
if I was paying for the bus, even at the Oyster rate.