Old January 24th 14, 08:18 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default S Stock Amersham question

I seem to remember that about the time that the S8 begun to appear there
were some rumblings about the seating layout and suitability for the run to
Amersham (and Chesham for that matter). Since I've seen no further
comments (negative or positive) does that mean everyone is happy, or simply
accepted the situation?

Old January 24th 14, 08:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Graham Harrison" wrote:
I seem to remember that about the time that the S8 begun to appear there
were some rumblings about the seating layout and suitability for the run
to Amersham (and Chesham for that matter). Since I've seen no further
comments (negative or positive) does that mean everyone is happy, or
simply accepted the situation?

Yes, that's a good question. I've heard more moans about the big cut in the
number of fast and semi-fast trains, and the fact that Amersham has lost
two trains per hour (which now go to Chesham instead). Chesham pax should
be pleased, but they're not -- the loss in fast trains means that their
overall journey times have gone up, despite having direct trains.

I wonder if Chiltern has increased capacity to take up the slack? In any
case, the Chiltern DMUs are faster and more comfortable than the S Stock.
Old January 24th 14, 09:32 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
"Graham Harrison" wrote:
I seem to remember that about the time that the S8 begun to appear there
were some rumblings about the seating layout and suitability for the run
to Amersham (and Chesham for that matter). Since I've seen no further
comments (negative or positive) does that mean everyone is happy, or
simply accepted the situation?

Yes, that's a good question. I've heard more moans about the big cut in
the
number of fast and semi-fast trains, and the fact that Amersham has lost
two trains per hour (which now go to Chesham instead). Chesham pax should
be pleased, but they're not -- the loss in fast trains means that their
overall journey times have gone up, despite having direct trains.

I wonder if Chiltern has increased capacity to take up the slack? In any
case, the Chiltern DMUs are faster and more comfortable than the S Stock.

We're (Chesham-wise) resigned to less seats and more stops. The whole
process was shoved through without consultation or consideration. Even the
fake "give your opinion" exercise was a cynical fait accompli - "would you
like through services?" - when the 8-car units had already been ordered.

At least, after much writing in, the 0929 ex-Chesham has been moved back to
0934. A small success againt Leviathan ;-}}

PA

Old January 24th 14, 01:41 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Peter Able" stuck@home wrote in message
o.uk...
At least, after much writing in, the 0929 ex-Chesham has been moved back
to 0934. A small success againt Leviathan ;-}}

PA

You might even have time to buy an off peak travelcard for that. IMX the
ticket machines at Paddington only start to sell off peak tickets at 0932.
Are other stations the same?

John

Old January 24th 14, 03:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 24/01/2014 14:41, John C wrote:

"Peter Able" stuck@home wrote:
At least, after much writing in, the 0929 ex-Chesham has been moved
back to 0934. A small success againt Leviathan ;-}}

You might even have time to buy an off peak travelcard for that. IMX the
ticket machines at Paddington only start to sell off peak tickets at
0932. Are other stations the same?

Are these the FGW or the Tube ticket machines?

Old January 27th 14, 04:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Peter Able" stuck@home wrote:
At least, after much writing in, the 0929 ex-Chesham has been moved
back to 0934. A small success againt Leviathan ;-}}

You might even have time to buy an off peak travelcard for that. IMX the
ticket machines at Paddington only start to sell off peak tickets at
0932. Are other stations the same?

Are these the FGW or the Tube ticket machines?

The tube ticket machines. I've written to TFL, they aren't interested. How
is someone supposed to catch a train departing at 0931 (perfectly valid) if
the machines won't sell tickets until after 0930? An example of this is
Ealing Broadway which has District line departures at 0931 and 0943. I
suggested that machines should start to sell off peak travelcards from 0925.

John

Old January 27th 14, 04:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 17:09:00 on
Mon, 27 Jan 2014, John C remarked:
IMX the
ticket machines at Paddington only start to sell off peak tickets at
0932. Are other stations the same?

Are these the FGW or the Tube ticket machines?

The tube ticket machines. I've written to TFL, they aren't interested.
How is someone supposed to catch a train departing at 0931 (perfectly
valid) if the machines won't sell tickets until after 0930? An example
of this is Ealing Broadway which has District line departures at 0931
and 0943. I suggested that machines should start to sell off peak
travelcards from 0925.

TfL, as well as many of the suburban national Rail operators, life
revolves around season ticket holders and Peak travellers.

"Day out" off-peak tickets barely register on their to-do list.
Old February 2nd 14, 10:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Peter Able" stuck@home wrote:
At least, after much writing in, the 0929 ex-Chesham has been moved
back to 0934. A small success againt Leviathan ;-}}

You might even have time to buy an off peak travelcard for that. IMX the
ticket machines at Paddington only start to sell off peak tickets at
0932. Are other stations the same?

Are these the FGW or the Tube ticket machines?

The tube ticket machines. I've written to TFL, they aren't interested. How
is someone supposed to catch a train departing at 0931 (perfectly valid)
if the machines won't sell tickets until after 0930? An example of this is
Ealing Broadway which has District line departures at 0931 and 0943. I
suggested that machines should start to sell off peak travelcards from
0925.

John

Update - the machines at Marylebone are better. I waited until the station
clock said 09:30:00, turned round to use the LU ticket machine and it sold
me an off peak ticket straight away.

John

Amersham with Zone 1-6 railcard Clive Page[_3_] London Transport 28 June 20th 12 11:35 PM
Chesham/Amersham changes decided Paul Scott London Transport 16 February 13th 09 09:45 PM
Amersham No Name London Transport 43 July 23rd 08 05:18 PM
Marylebone Amersham via Beaconsfield Walter Briscoe London Transport 4 November 13th 07 09:02 AM
Chiltern Services Between Amersham & Harrow Joe London Transport 45 February 25th 04 11:29 PM