London Banter

-   -   waste in buses (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1382-waste-buses.html)

liberty February 4th 04 06:10 AM

waste in buses

why there is so much waste in the buses in london? on the ground, and
armchaires, the users seem to fin that normal

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North February 4th 04 02:44 PM

waste in buses

"liberty" wrote in message ...
why there is so much waste in the buses in london? on the ground, and
armchaires, the users seem to fin that normal

Because

a) People are pigs and can't be bothered to put their rubbish in a bin
b) Cleaning contractors never have enough workers to do a proper job
because they bid so low for a job that in order to make a profit they
can't afford a full army of cleaners
c) If people see rubbish on the floor of a bus. Then they will dump
their rubbish on the floor too.

Grendel February 4th 04 09:22 PM

waste in buses

In article , liberty wrote:
why there is so much waste in the buses in london? on the ground, and
armchaires, the users seem to fin that normal

In my experience, London buses are amongst the cleanest in the country.
Travelling around the North East on big old 70's buses during the early
90's.. now that taught me about filth!

Fossil February 4th 04 11:12 PM

waste in buses

"liberty" wrote in message
why there is so much waste in the buses in london? on the ground, and
armchaires, the users seem to fin that normal

Buses ain't as dirty as they used to be as there are more and more new buses
than before, going back 5-10 years - that was a different story! /Me thinks
of the District Line seats..

CJG Now Thankfully Living In The North February 9th 04 10:03 AM

waste in buses

(Grendel) wrote in message ery.com...
In article , liberty wrote:
why there is so much waste in the buses in london? on the ground, and
armchaires, the users seem to fin that normal

In my experience, London buses are amongst the cleanest in the country.
Travelling around the North East on big old 70's buses during the early
90's.. now that taught me about filth!

Funnily enough those big old 70's buses are still being used in the North East.