London Banter

-   -   Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/1383-trackbashers-alert-primrose-hill-now.html)

John Rowland February 4th 04 09:22 AM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

PhilD February 4th 04 01:28 PM

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Grrrrrrr, mutter, mutter, mutter, tries to think of a way to make this
happen again when next in London......

PhilD

Robin May February 4th 04 01:49 PM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

(PhilD) wrote the following in:
om

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains
to and from Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the
Primrose Hill "curve" and South Hampstead and are terminating at
Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Grrrrrrr, mutter, mutter, mutter, tries to think of a way to make
this happen again when next in London......

Out of interest, what is special about this, why would people want to
see it and what is a trackbasher?

--
message by Robin May, enforcer of sod's law.
The Hutton Report is a whitewash! Long live the BBC!

Crime is confusing.

Dr. Sunil February 4th 04 02:01 PM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

Actually, I did this some seven or eight years ago. But thanks anyway.

BTW Have you been down the eastern end of Aspen Way in Docklands yet?

John Rowland February 4th 04 02:12 PM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
om...

Have you been down the eastern end of Aspen Way in Docklands yet?

No, I'm busy 24/7 these days, but I am due a few days off next week, so I
might go there and see how they are getting on.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

John Rowland February 4th 04 02:13 PM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...

Out of interest, what is special about this, why would
people want to see it and what is a trackbasher?

If you need to ask, you don't need to know!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Martin Underwood February 4th 04 02:13 PM

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and

from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve"

and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Grrrrrrr, mutter, mutter, mutter, tries to think of a way to make this
happen again when next in London......

Take a bedsheet with you and throw it at the OHLE so it wraps round a wire.
That's what stopped the WCML for an hour or so the other evening - the sheet
blew off a nearby washing line!

Peter Masson February 4th 04 02:19 PM

"PhilD" wrote in message
om...
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and

from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve"

and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

D'oh. Why does this ALWAYS happen when I can't get there?

Cleared at 0750 - though it took a long time for the 'Cleared' report to be
posted on the NR website.

Peter

Lee Osborne February 4th 04 05:20 PM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

"John Rowland" wrote in message
Hi all,

Due to electrical supply problems, the North London Line trains to and

from
Stratford / North Woolwich are diverted via the Primrose Hill "curve" and
South Hampstead and are terminating at Willesden Junction Low Level.

Is Primrose Hill station in a reasonable state these days, or has it just
crumbled? It's been a long time since I passed by on the mainline, but it
looked untouched and undisturbed for ages. Have the vandals done much damage
yet?

Lee

Nick Cooper February 4th 04 07:06 PM

Trackbashers alert: Primrose Hill NOW!

"John Rowland" wrote in message
"Robin May" wrote in message
.4...

Out of interest, what is special about this, why would
people want to see it and what is a trackbasher?

If you need to ask, you don't need to know!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

That was friendly. A bit like the way Twitchers see Bird Watchers or vice
versa.

Trackbasher - From http://www.geocities.com/nrc36/bp/tspot.htm

"'Trackbashers' are a strange and dedicated breed whose aim is to travel
over every inch of track on the railway system, including loops, points,
sidings and crossovers."

Thus the section known as Primrose Hill 'curve' is little used and therefore
has to be 'bashed'.

OK.
--
NickC