Old April 30th 14, 12:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube strike today and tomorrow

Today it looked as if it was possible to get from Kings Cross st Pancras to
Heathrow by H&C to Hammersmith then Piccadilly. Anyone know if that happened
(around 1100)?

Tomorrow, when my daughter is trying to get there, the Piccadilly is
predicted to run from Acton Town to Heathrow only with no District service.
I told her to check in the morning.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 30th 14, 07:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:01:47 on Wed, 30 Apr
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
The District is better shape today, according to:

http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tub...round/status/#

So I'd suggest going via Victoria and Acton Town.

Although that's changed again in the last few minutes, suggesting that
via Edgware Rd might be better (and the Piccadilly now operating from
Hammersmith westwards).
Old April 30th 14, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:20:43 on Wed, 30 Apr
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
The District is better shape today, according to:

http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tub...round/status/#

So I'd suggest going via Victoria and Acton Town.

Although that's changed again in the last few minutes, suggesting that
via Edgware Rd might be better (and the Piccadilly now operating from
Hammersmith westwards).

On the other hand, the Piccadilly service to Heathrow is only one train
every 20 minutes (according to the status report on the BBC website).
However there's reportedly a half-hourly HEx.
Old April 30th 14, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 08:20:43 on Wed, 30 Apr
2014, Roland Perry remarked:
The District is better shape today, according to:

http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tub...round/status/#

So I'd suggest going via Victoria and Acton Town.

Although that's changed again in the last few minutes, suggesting that
via Edgware Rd might be better (and the Piccadilly now operating from
Hammersmith westwards).

On the other hand, the Piccadilly service to Heathrow is only one
train every 20 minutes (according to the status report on the BBC
website). However there's reportedly a half-hourly HEx.

She was originally planning FGW to Hayes and Harlington then bus. Circle to
Hammersmith, then Piccadilly still looks best today. Oddly, the same service
between Hammersmith and Aldgate(/Moorgate) were called H&C yesterday.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 30th 14, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 05:31:20
on Wed, 30 Apr 2014, remarked:
She was originally planning FGW to Hayes and Harlington then bus. Circle to
Hammersmith, then Piccadilly still looks best today.

Piccadilly now gone back to operating only from Acton Town.
Old April 30th 14, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
Today it looked as if it was possible to get from Kings Cross st Pancras
Heathrow by H&C to Hammersmith then Piccadilly. Anyone know if that
happened
(around 1100)?

Tomorrow, when my daughter is trying to get there, the Piccadilly is
predicted to run from Acton Town to Heathrow only with no District
service.
I told her to check in the morning.

I 'v got to do the reverse next week.

LHR to Vic after 10pm [1] to arrive for my last train at midnight.

I really need to know what this last train at 11:00, but outbound from
Central London at 9:30 claim, means.

That would mean last inbound at 9:00 on most lines, how is that 11:00?

Of course my luck will depend upon whether HEx is running or not. There's a
perfectly usable HR connect at 10:29 which gives me an hour to get from Padd
to Vic on the bus. But if they are on strike again as well [2] I'm kind of
stuck unless my flights dead early and there isn't a scrum at immigration so
I can bus to Feltham.

Anyone know how the taxis are running. Many other countries would organise
"official" sharing in these circumstances, but I bet the "brothers" aren't
keen on that and are just taking the opportunity to rake it in!

And why, if it isn't actually the drivers that are on strike, are the trains
so sparse anyway?

Finally, how did they "magic" up this claim of half the trains are running.
One train every 20 minutes on part of the route (for part of the day)
doesn't come close to that. OK so the Picc is one of the worst affected but
most lines are running less than half frequency only on part of their route
and all of them are doing nothing for the first and last (or more) service
hour of the day.

tim

[1] booked arrival at 9:35 plus 20-25 minutes walk to the immigration hall
plus queuing times. Only done it in less that this once, since I have been
on this route. Always getting a crappy gate doesn't help!

[2] (Is it safe to guess they they aren't, or is that possibility still
open?),

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 30th 14, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 30/04/2014 18:02, tim..... wrote:

[central London to Heathrow during Tube strike]

I've got to do the reverse next week.

LHR to Vic after 10pm [1] to arrive for my last train at midnight.

I really need to know what this last train at 11:00, but outbound from
Central London at 9:30 claim, means.

That would mean last inbound at 9:00 on most lines, how is that 11:00?

Of course my luck will depend upon whether HEx is running or not.
There's a perfectly usable HR connect at 10:29 which gives me an hour to
get from Padd to Vic on the bus. But if they are on strike again as
well [2] I'm kind of stuck unless my flights dead early and there isn't
a scrum at immigration so I can bus to Feltham.

HEx workers are not on strike next week.

Anyone know how the taxis are running. Many other countries would
organise "official" sharing in these circumstances, but I bet the
"brothers" aren't keen on that and are just taking the opportunity to
rake it in!

Taxi marshalling will be in operation, as is usual when there's a Tube
strike. See:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/info-for/media/press-releases/2014/april/tfl-sets-out-plans-to-keep-capital-moving-during-strikes

And why, if it isn't actually the drivers that are on strike, are the
trains so sparse anyway?

Because the (RMT) drivers *are* on strike.

The sensible plan is to take the HEx and sidestep the Tube.