Old May 30th 14, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No surprise: record Tube passengers

In message , at 21:19:57 on
Thu, 29 May 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
People expecting tube like frequencies on Crossrail are going to be
disappointed - especially heading West of Paddington where waits of
15-30 minutes will be not be unusual. Not a lot different to
Thameslink or the RER in Paris if you want a train to a branch.

That's right. Off-peak there's effectively 4tph between CharlesDeGaulle
and Paris (one fast and one stopper in a flight, every 15 minutes).

Old May 30th 14, 05:28 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizter T View Post
On 29/05/2014 16:30, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
It does suggest that Crossrail will
indeed fill up soon after opening.

I don't think anyone doubts that... the question is, for how many years
will the Central Line be a ghost town, until Crossrail becomes so
unbearably crowded that the Central Line starts being used by people who
are in no hurry but just want to travel without their nose in
someone's armpit.

My guess is that the Central line will remain fairly crowded, at least on
the western side.

Also on the east, from those many places where a Central Line station is
closer than a Crossrail one.

I think the busiest stretch of the whole Tube network is supposed to be
between Bethnal Green and Liverpool Street on the Central line.
I didn't know that. My guess is that the stretch between Leytonstone and
Stratford is almost as overcrowded.