Old October 13th 14, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default C2C Smart

Season tickets are now available to Fenchurch Street on the C2Csmart ITSO card.

Travelcards are now due to follow in November.

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets-...art-card/index

Old October 14th 14, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 18:56:06 on
Mon, 13 Oct 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
Season tickets are now available to Fenchurch Street on the C2Csmart ITSO card.

Travelcards are now due to follow in November.

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets-...art-card/index

So Travelcard capability has slipped by 6 weeks then? It was due from
today IIRC.

Didn't Southern get Travelcards working on 17th Sept? (So TfL's side of
things must be working OK).

Old October 14th 14, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:17:38 on
Tue, 14 Oct 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
Season tickets are now available to Fenchurch Street on the C2Csmart ITSO card.

Travelcards are now due to follow in November.

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk/tickets-...art-card/index

So Travelcard capability has slipped by 6 weeks then? It was due from
today IIRC.

Didn't Southern get Travelcards working on 17th Sept? (So TfL's side of
things must be working OK).

I would hazard a guess that the links between TfL and C2Cs Head office
system (HOPS) is still under test or C2C have decided to "bed down"
their own season ticket launch into London before extending to
Travelcards. Unfortunately TfL is no longer reporting on any
ticketing projects in its Investment reports for 2014/15. I assume
ITSO implementation is now "business as usual" to add in extra TOCs as
the system mods (readers etc) are complete on TfL's estate.

Has anything more emerged about the significance of the 17th Sept date?

There was speculation that Oyster on National Rail launched on the 16th
might have co-incided with the new TSGN franchise starting on the 14th.
Old October 14th 14, 12:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:45:36 on
Tue, 14 Oct 2014, Paul Corfield remarked:
Didn't Southern get Travelcards working on 17th Sept? (So TfL's side of
things must be working OK).

I would hazard a guess that the links between TfL and C2Cs Head office
system (HOPS) is still under test or C2C have decided to "bed down"
their own season ticket launch into London before extending to
Travelcards. Unfortunately TfL is no longer reporting on any
ticketing projects in its Investment reports for 2014/15. I assume
ITSO implementation is now "business as usual" to add in extra TOCs as
the system mods (readers etc) are complete on TfL's estate.

Has anything more emerged about the significance of the 17th Sept date?

Not that I have seen.

There was speculation that Oyster on National Rail launched on the 16th
might have co-incided with the new TSGN franchise starting on the 14th.

Well I can see why there might have been a desire to "celebrate"
something positive at the same time even though it is really a
Southern Railway launch and they're not within TSGN just yet.

My speculation didn't involve Govia getting the franchise, just FCC
dragging their feet at the end of their tenure and everyone waiting for
the new broom to come in and throw some switch that meant CPC (and now
perhaps ITSO-Travelcard the next day) could go from trial to public
rollout.

Clearly, though, the work SR have done will be a help to the wider TSGN
aspirations to extend ITSO and Oyster. I'm assuming the wider Govia
ownership of the companies will ensure the knowledge is shared.

That'll help with any future extensions, yes. As would NatEx winning
TSGN and importing their C2C experience.
Old October 14th 14, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:11:45 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

[...]

Southern Railway launch and they're not within TSGN just yet. Clearly,
though, the work SR have done will be a help to the wider TSGN
aspirations to extend ITSO and Oyster. I'm assuming the wider Govia
ownership of the companies will ensure the knowledge is shared.

I just wish that Govia would aspire to more useful ticketing like m-tickets
(that FCC had) and print at home which Cross Country offer. Will the ITSO
card offer more than seasons and Oyster functionality within London?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old October 14th 14, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:56:12
on Tue, 14 Oct 2014, remarked:
There was speculation that Oyster on National Rail launched on the
16th might have co-incided with the new TSGN franchise starting on
the 14th.

Well I can see why there might have been a desire to "celebrate"
something positive at the same time even though it is really a
Southern Railway launch and they're not within TSGN just yet. Clearly,
though, the work SR have done will be a help to the wider TSGN
aspirations to extend ITSO and Oyster. I'm assuming the wider Govia
ownership of the companies will ensure the knowledge is shared.

I just wish that Govia would aspire to more useful ticketing like
m-tickets (that FCC had) and print at home which Cross Country offer.
Will the ITSO card offer more than seasons and Oyster functionality
within London?

The opposite; when people have introduced ITSO they first offer just
point-to-point walk-up fares, and seasons later, Travelcard much
later.

Only walk-up fares that have to be picked up at a station ticket window or
machine. No use for shifting queues at Cambridge

I wouldn't expect it to be long before a GN ITSO card supported seasons
and Travelcards, given that they've been piloted elsewhere. And if you
order an individual ticket online it will be able to be picked up on the
barriers.
Old October 14th 14, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
12:56:12 on Tue, 14 Oct 2014,
remarked:
[...]

Not, especially on the latter point I specifically asked about, according to
this here email I'm pondering my reply to.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old October 15th 14, 07:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 16:17:37
on Tue, 14 Oct 2014, remarked:
I wouldn't expect it to be long before a GN ITSO card supported
seasons and Travelcards, given that they've been piloted elsewhere.
And if you order an individual ticket online it will be able to be
picked up on the barriers.

Not, especially on the latter point I specifically asked about, according to
this here email I'm pondering my reply to.

From the Southern FAQ:

"Tickets booked online can be loaded onto the card by touching
against the smartcard readers located on the ticket gates or
validators at the nominated station. Simply hold the key onto
the yellow hand on the smartcard reader for a few seconds. The
message on the validator will read 'journey started'.

Please Note: If touching against the smartcard reader on the
ticket gates or validators, this will also start your journey
i.e. the ticket gates will open to allow you through

East Midlands Trains have many ungated stations, and use validators for
touching in and out (a bit like the DLR):

"How do I load my ticket on my smartcard?

You need to place your card on one of the validation devices at
your nominated collection station this will load your ticket.

From the SWT FAQ:

"If you purchased your ticket online or by phone, your ticket is
loaded to the Smartcard when you 'touch in' via a station
validator or at the automatic ticket gate.

If you are collecting your ticket via a validator or a ticket
gate it is important that you allow time for your ticket to load
onto the Smartcard. Just hold your Smartcard on the reader for a
few seconds and remove once the 'Product Loaded' message is
displayed and the green light shows.

From C2C:

"All you need to do is register your c2c Smartcard and buy your
ticket at c2c-online.co.uk or from a ticket machine of your
choice. Then simply touch in and out with your c2c Smartcard at
a c2c ticket barrier, and just like magic your tickets are
loaded and off you go! It's as easy as that!

Scotrail:

"You can purchase your smart season ticket online and add this
to your card at gates or platform validators."

None of this is a surprise, as it's a fundamental concept for the ITSO
system. Whoever told you that GN wouldn't be using the same scheme must
be misinformed.